Let's talk about movies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Let's talk about movies

okkkiam
okkkiam Posts: 8 Listener
Tell some of your favourite movies and serials!

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    I am a big fan of old classic movies like "Gone With The Wind", "The Jazz Singer" and I like musicals too.  Maybe be a bit old fashioned, but good!  Serials I enjoy are any good dramas such as "The Bodyguard".  I love period dramas too such as "Pride and Prejudice".   :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I love Netflix movies. Just finished watching a movie and need suggestions as to what to start next. 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I just signed up for a free trial month of Netflix. Just set a reminder to cancel before it costs. Enjoying it!
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Superhero movies ❤
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • ScoliFibroGirl
    ScoliFibroGirl Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    The Greatest Showman
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @okkkiam   Thank you for your post.

I am a fan of the sixties serials when in glossy colour often for the American market. Now on most TV channels.

The Saint with Sir Roger Moore.  Great stuff  you can see why he became James Bond looking at those.  The eyebrows and charm working to its full.

The Prisoner with Patrick McGoogan does any body understand the plot did they ever just surreal and strange.

The Avengers. With Patrick McNee and Dame Diane Rigg. 

Always worth watching.  So are the early ones with Honor Blackman .

I forgot in the Seventies like The Persuaders with Sir Roger Moore again and Tony Curtis .  Plots who cares just too film stars having a ball dry humour play against each other.

Every Sunday night if I recall.

Yes there was violence in these Sixties serials yet it was not like really violent. Tongue in cheek, innocence and well you could follow the plots .

Todays serials clueless no idea.  Also camera angles sharp editing and a headache is all I get.

Especially if they give warnings, why does programmes have to be all the time. Upsetting scenes or sexual content.

May be unsuitable for some viewers. Scary stuff.

Reason why hark back to the old days.  Lot better.

Comforting and reassuring.  

Same with films have the old . Every time.  Channel called Talking Pictures unearthing lost gems every week.

Like film noir and certain film stars. Of the Forties and Fifties the simple plots and on the edge at the ending. Every time.

No CGI  no need these films.  Use light and shade editing, camera angles to give perspective of scary .

Reason called Film Noir because Noir is black in French. First became know in France in the Thirties and Hollywood took over.

Used the label in the there takes on them.

Worth looking out for.

Like also my musicals created by the studios  M.G.M.  Glossy, superb, enjoyable, uplifting.  On a scale never seen before.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Kell430
    Kell430 Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    I have such an eclectic range of movies, from pride and prejudice,  breakfast at Tiffanys, gone with the wind, then there's the goonies, Mrs Doubtfire,  I love Disney movies, but the my favourite is Lost Boys xxx
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Good Girls netflix no chill ? 
  • RainbowJo
    RainbowJo Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    independence day 1 and 2
    r my faves i can watch them over and over. 

i like sifis horror thrillers some action true films. cant stand period or romance lol. 

Brightness