What pet/s do you have? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What pet/s do you have?

mel_4ears
mel_4ears Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
edited June 2019 in Coffee lounge
Tell us about your beloved furry, feathery and scaly friends!

I have a cat called Kissy. She's a five year old tortoiseshell. She's about five. I adopted her in March last year from the RSPCA. 
Fibromyalgia, hearing aids, depression, anxiety, OCD 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Hi @mel_4ears thank you for sharing this with us. How has it been having Kissy around? I don't have any pets but my friend just got a puppy called Toffee. :)
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    We have a psycho cat called KitKat. We have wooden decking, she delights in literally galloping the full length, skidding to a stop spins round and repeats. Sounds like she is wearing hob nail boots
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hi @mel_4ears Our family had three rabbits over a period of sixteen years. They are wonderful, funny, pets and every day felt like an adventure with them.
  • easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    I have a Jack Russel called Arnold. He has a lovely nature and is oblivious to any problems you may have. All he ever wants to do is play. He has so much energy - he just goes on and on, even though he is 9.If he wants to go for a run he just does. He will charge around the furniture like a puppy. I take him out every day as I live just 2 doors away from a nice safe open space, but he has so much energy he still charges around the furniture. He is my reason to keep on going, as I must take him out and look after him. He relies on me 100% so I can't let him down. He's amazing.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I have 2 dogs, Max and Mollu, both are Jack Russell cross border terrier. Molly is very active and always playing with one of her many squeaky balls. Her farts are silent yet stink to high heaven! Max is more calmer and loves having a cuddle. They are 8 in July.

I also have 2 Guinea pigs, Loki & Thor. Loki definitely lives up his name and is full of mischief, Thor is quite calm but gets excited very easily!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Used to be a bit of a zoo around here, but most recently we had a couple of guinea pigs, one of whom was also called Toffee. They were an entertaining pair, but they've now unfortunately moved on and we're currently petless for the first time in years. It probably won't last too long though as my eldest is wearing me down about a dog. Must stay strong!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Dogs are the best ❤
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I have a Siamese cat called Alfie. He's 6 years old, white with blue eyes. Thankfully, he's not deaf. He's an indoor cat because when i first had him i was too scared to let him out incase someone stole him.

He's definitely the boss around here. My daughter has autism and they are the best of friends. It's so adorable to see them together. She chases him around and plays hide and seek with him LOL. He favourite toy to play with is a ...straw.. haha, he's so funny.

He sleeps next to me on my bed and often wakes me up with a paw in my face in the night because he want's a cuddle lol.

I very often think he's human, especially when he answers me when i talk to him. Just have to love these animals!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kell430
    Kell430 Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    edited May 2019
    I have a tabby cat names Katy and 2 dogs a Scottie names Myrtle and a jack Russell cross names Ben, I find having to walk my dogs keeps my laziness and CP in check most of the time xxx
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    We have a cat called Bubbles. I used to keep a pair of mallard ducks when I was a child. 
  • mel_4ears
    mel_4ears Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    @April2018mom Omg, mallard ducks!! So beautiful! What were their names?

@Dumpling Blu is stunning! I love that colour in cats so much!!

Fibromyalgia, hearing aids, depression, anxiety, OCD 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Gimme that puppy lol x
  • ScoliFibroGirl
    ScoliFibroGirl Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    One lovely miniature schnauzer  Teddy
  • ScoliFibroGirl
    ScoliFibroGirl Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Hi my two are Sally who is 18 and scooby doo who is the black and white one who is 7 going on 1 she still thinks she is a kitten and with Sally Teddy Bear 
  • R0B_B0WKER
    R0B_B0WKER Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Lulu, Ceefa and Kali. 

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Gorgeous pets on here.  We have a rescue cat called, Christy.  She is 6 and we got her from SPCA 5 years ago.  She is an indoor cat, is bonkers and definitely runs the house!  For years when I lived with my parents, we had 2 Dalmatian dogs, William and Oscar, who were so loving, but really boisterous!  Every day was different with them!  Pets are so therapeutic.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness