Can I win a tribunal for my daughter? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I win a tribunal for my daughter?

odonnell
odonnell Community member Posts: 21 Connected
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had to take my daughter pip  to trubuial   I sent information   need to now if all medical  experts in my daughter career  supporting  her plus m p  doing letter  I've ask for paper hearing  she been on d l a since age of 3  they give 2 points first than when I ask them  to look again  give her 6 points  so  when its heard in  truibual  with all the medical  information they have  and  my edvience what I have to help her with   do you think I can win it 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @odonnell and a very warm welcome to the community! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all. It is very possible that you could win as the success rate for tribunal is fairly high. However, this would be down to how much your daughter meets the criteria. DLA and PIP are two very different benefits and they assess different things. Some people end up with more on PIP and some people have less, it really does depend. PIP assesses how the disability or condition affects the individual rather than any diagnosis that they have. It is hard to say how much your daughter would get when going off the limited information. Did you get a copy of the report from the claim and appeal? This could show how your daughter is being given points and if you can prove at the tribunal that more points should be awarded. It may also be useful to take the PIP self- help test on behalf of your daughter. This too may show you want points you will be expecting. Please bare in mind that the points on that may not always reflect what an assessor gives you. We wish you the very best of luck and please do keep us updated! In the meantime, I hope you will be able to get involved with other aspects of the community and if you need anything else then please do not hesitate to be in touch :)
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Appearing in person will give your daughter the best chance of a decision going in her favour. Those that choose a paper based decision have much less chance of winning. Is there any reasons why she/you chose the paper based decision? Is there anyway possible that she can attend the hearing in person? Are you her appointee? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • odonnell
    I don't drive  and my husband works different shifts  plus I'm on medication  for depression  3 years go I had to.take it to trubual  did paper hearing that time won  it they give her 2 points on first desion  but Mr give her 6 points  I sent me with letter   truibual  with all the information   what  my daughter  needs help with 
     AND d w p  have  quite bit of medical reports aswell 
  • odonnell
    I've got date for my daughter pip  now  I've got  focus care patrtionor  coming with me and taking my daughter  as well showing them she  needs pip  she can't do lot of things  people, her age can do   does lot trubuial  get overturned  she still in education 
  • poppy123456
    If you are her appointee then you'll be able to speak on her behalf, otherwise she will have to answer all the questions herself.

You may not have a decision on the day but if this happens they will write to you within a couple of days with the decision.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @odonnell, how old is your daughter? I'm glad you've finally got a date, it's been a long wait for you. Best of luck with the appeal, be sure to let us know how you get on. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • odonnell
    When the truibuial  say   her education. Statement  will  be considered part as  appeal  just that mean got  good  chance of winning it  for her 
  • poppy123456
    odonnell said:
    When the truibuial  say   her education. Statement  will  be considered part as  appeal  just that mean got  good  chance of winning it  for her 
    It just means it will be used as part of her evidence. No one on an internet forum can tell you whether the Tribunal will go in her favour.
  • odonnell
    Hi @odonnell, how old is your daughter? I'm glad you've finally got a date, it's been a long wait for you. Best of luck with the appeal, be sure to let us know how you get on. 
    Hi Adrian  had my  daughter  pip  appeall today won the  judge  said she award her enchament rate care  low rate mobility  so now  I've got wait for the  backdated  payments judge said 4 weeks put pip says 6 week
    Plus I've told tax credits   they have to  back pay me  aswell  when it goes live   career's as to back pay me  

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    This is great news @odonnell and thank you for sharing it with us!

Scope

• odonnell
    My advice if  anyone as pip
     Dla stop fight it all the  way  take to truibuial 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @odonnell, thank you for coming back and updating us! Well done to you and your daughter, really great news. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • odonnell
    I sent education statement. Gp letter. And three hospital letters  so hoping enough to win  it again 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.