As this happed to someone after a PIP tribunal help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

As this happed to someone after a PIP tribunal help

Gerald
Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
Hello just asking if someone as some info about this so after 19 months to get to the tribunal and won it in may I got on to the DWP about my PIP as my car tax is coming up in july  and as this as been going on with my pip I have had to pay my car tax but when I give them a call they put my on with someone in the pip part and asked them if they can send thing for my car tax as I had won my tribunal and was told know as they were looking at going back to the tribunal as there DWP person did not get to ask me questions at the tribunal and that the disability person did not ask me questions to so i'm asking do the tribunals have a record of who asked me questions and if yes then how are they coming up with this as at the tribunal the I was asked questions by the judge and the doctor and then the judge asked the disability person if they had some questions for me and he seed know and then the judge asked the person from the DWP if they had questions for me and all she did was look at me and then put her head down and seed know questions and on the phone the person told me I will know in 6 to 8 weeks as if there going back to the tribunal about it is the know time limit to how long they have to do this as when I have sent something to them I have had a time limit to get it back to them so if someone as some info about this that can help me Thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

They have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons. HMCTS can take as long as they want to send this. Once DWP receive it they must then find an error in law. They can not appeal the decision unless this is found.

They sometimes request the statement of reasons but rarely appeal the decision. If they request it they will contact you.

Backdated money can take 8 weeks. There's nothing more you can do but wait i'm afraid.

If the tax for your car is due before you hear anything then you'll have to pay for that yourself. You will be able to get a refund from DVLA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Gerald
    Hi,

They have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons. HMCTS can take as long as they want to send this. Once DWP receive it they must then find an error in law. They can not appeal the decision unless this is found.

They sometimes request the statement of reasons but rarely appeal the decision. If they request it they will contact you.

Backdated money can take 8 weeks. There's nothing more you can do but wait i'm afraid.

If the tax for your car is due before you hear anything then you'll have to pay for that yourself. You will be able to get a refund from DVLA.
    Hi poppy123456 i understand that but how can they come out with there person did not get to ask me questions at the tribunal but the judge asked them and she seed know so is there a record of this about the tribunal 
  • poppy123456
    It's a little late for that now because the decision's already been made. My advice above is still correct, regardless of what you've been told by a DWP adviser on the phone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Gerald
    Hi poppy123456 I know but how can they tell me that there person did not asked me something that's how come I asked is there a record of the tribunal if there is how can the DWP adviser tell me that is the on the phone as this will show this. 
  • poppy123456
    The statement of reasons and record or proceedings will tell them everything. I know you're worried and anxious but there's nothing more you can do but wait. Payments can take 8 weeks. Difficult to do i know but please try to relax. Hopefully it won't be too long now.
  • Gerald
    So them coming out with this is just a lie there person did not get to ask me something is there know come back on them for this in the first place poppy123456  Thank you
  • poppy123456
    The decision's been made, there's nothing they can do unless there's been an error in law.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.