ESA backdated and Disability Premiums - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA backdated and Disability Premiums

2»

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    As an aside, although tone can sometimes be misinterpreted, it's important to be mindful that the community is designed to be a safe and supportive place. While you may not agree with someone's opinions, please respond respectfully and remember to be tactful.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • GG44
    GG44 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Hi Adrian , thanks for reply. Like I said previously I was on Incapacity benefit and the rate was say £115.10 per week that  didn't affect my IIDB. Seems like ESA CB is in itself a lower amount than Incap'  and as you say made up. I still thought that regardless you were still entitled to one of the Premiums if on CB ESA but obviously not , regards
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Being entitled to any of the premiums depends on individual circumstances and because your IIDB is more than the premiums then it totally wipes them out, which means you're not entitled to them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Queen1968
    Queen1968 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Hi, I’m disabled and was getting disability benefit,(£365 monthly) ESA (From 2017) work related group(£78 weekly), and occupational pension.(125 monthly)
    I am single and I don’t claim any carers allowance or council allowance or housing benefits.in January when I went to see the citizen advice bureau they told me that I should be getting more benefits and more money.
    Now I have applied for 
    1) Severe disability premium (February)
    still waiting for them to get back to me 
    2) Contacted ESA and requested for me to review my group and put me on support group 
    3) Contacted DWP and told them changes in my health condition so they told me that I should apply for PIP and I have applied and waiting for their response.
    will I be eligible for severe disability enhanced payment as well? Should I have to apply? Or will it be automatically be paid?
    from when they will start to pay enhanced payment. ( if it’s backdated).
    please let me know. 
    Many thanks 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,612 Disability Gamechanger

@GG44
    Hi I hope your well, but I had to come on to say I can’t believe how rude you have been to Poppy after all the time she has spent helping you. 
    It’s not her fault you don’t like the answer but no need to be rude. 
  • poppy123456
    Queen1968 said:
    Hi, I’m disabled and was getting disability benefit,(£365 monthly) ESA (From 2017) work related group(£78 weekly), and occupational pension.(125 monthly)
    I am single and I don’t claim any carers allowance or council allowance or housing benefits.in January when I went to see the citizen advice bureau they told me that I should be getting more benefits and more money.
    Now I have applied for 
    1) Severe disability premium (February)
    still waiting for them to get back to me 
    2) Contacted ESA and requested for me to review my group and put me on support group 
    3) Contacted DWP and told them changes in my health condition so they told me that I should apply for PIP and I have applied and waiting for their response.
    will I be eligible for severe disability enhanced payment as well? Should I have to apply? Or will it be automatically be paid?
    from when they will start to pay enhanced payment. ( if it’s backdated).
    please let me know. 
    Many thanks 

In a previous thread of yours here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/685284#Comment_685284 you said you had contacted ESA to apply for the SDP and you were waiting for a decision, is this correct?
    For the Enhanced disability Premium this isn't automatically paid if in the WRAG, you will only be entitled to this if you're claiming either high rate care DLA or Enhanced daily living PIP.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Lou67 said:

@GG44
    Hi I hope your well, but I had to come on to say I can’t believe how rude you have been to Poppy after all the time she has spent helping you. 
    It’s not her fault you don’t like the answer but no need to be rude. 

Thanks for your support. Although this is an old thread from 2019 and that member hasn't been active since June 2019.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,612 Disability Gamechanger

Oh has it not I didn’t even notice lol I just thought it was unfair the way he spoke to you. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.