I believe I should have received 3+ years worth of Servere Disability Premium — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I believe I should have received 3+ years worth of Servere Disability Premium

angie1996
angie1996 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi all I am new to this I am just wondering if anyone could help me with my claim..

i have claimed esa since feb 2015 and Pip since April 2015 but only started recieving Sdp when I reclaimed after a work trial September 2018. 
During the times of april 2015-September 2018 I was in the support group with esa and recieving enhanced PIP but had no idea about the Spd. Nor was I recieving enhanced disability premium either..
i live alone, no one claims Carers Allowance either.. I am waiting to hear back from esa With a decision, 
does anyone know if I am entitled to a backdate? And how long the process is?  It would be many help. Thanks ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It sounds like you were claiming Contributions based ESA at that time. To be entitled to the Income related part (premiums) will depend on your circumstances at that time. Living with partner that works, or claims other benefits, savings/capital and income from pensions. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • angie1996
    Hiya thanks for getting back to me

im sure I was entitled as I was in the support group due to servere mental health problems (same situation as now I just get more money now) where I had been sectioned a few times. I have always lived alone and no one has claimed anything for me, I have spoken to welfare rights and they seem to believe I am owed money and it would be great help as I’m in debt now..
    thank you
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem. Being in the Support Group doesn't mean you were entitled to it. You can claim Contributions based and still be in the Support Group. Without knowing all your circumstances it's difficult to comment.

As you've already had advice from Welfare rights then all you need to do is wait for DWP to make their decision. There's no timescales for that but hopefully it won't be too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • angie1996
    Thank you very much 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Good morning @angie1996 and warm welcome to the community. 
    Best of luck with your claim for backdated SDP, please let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.