How long to receive ESA owed back payments? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long to receive ESA owed back payments?

sambo1982
sambo1982 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi

I am it seems one of the people owed money from esa from when they changed from incapacity to esa, i was sent a form about it and sent it back 3-4wks ago now, about 3wks ago someone from esa phoned me asked some more questions and then said all was fine with the form and it would now be going to processing and can take up to 12wks?

Was just wondering if anyone who had received there owed money could tell me how long it took for them?

Thanks. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Those 12 weeks have been increased to about 20 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sambo1982
    Thanks for the reply

20 weeks! Thats crazy.
  • sweet65
    sweet65 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Where are you? , as my ESA was paid to me 2 weeks after my F2F hopefully it won’t be to much longer for you 
  • poppy123456
    sweet65 said:
    Where are you? , as my ESA was paid to me 2 weeks after my F2F hopefully it won’t be to much longer for you 
    Hi,

This thread is different and it's not about money owed after a success decision from a face to face assessment. It's about the DWP underpayments concerning those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA many years ago.

For this, decisions are taking about 20 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Carleokn33
    Carleokn33 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    My partner on ESA he found out about the payments from sdp, he wasn't on incapacity benefit before - but all he did was ring ESA and they didn't even know he was on pip literally less then a week 17000 was in his bank dating back to 2013 ! Nice surprise though 
  • sambo1982
    17000 shore would be a nice surprise, does anyone know tho if just because i have received the form saying i may be one of the people owed money and they have said its now being processed that i defiantly will receive some money?
  • poppy123456
    sambo1982 said:
    17000 shore would be a nice surprise, does anyone know tho if just because i have received the form saying i may be one of the people owed money and they have said its now being processed that i defiantly will receive some money?
    Hi,

No unfortunately not. They are contacting everyone that transferred across. Some haven't been owed any backdated money. It will totally depend on your circumstances during the dates stated on the letter. Decision are currently taking between 12-20 weeks.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.