What's the decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What's the decision?

Options
slondon22
slondon22 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hi there , I’m a bit confused ,wondered if any one could help please ? 

Recently received a letter from P.I.P. Stating that a decision ( regarding my review ) had been made but they didn’t say what decision! 

Can’t understand why they send out letters like that without telling you !

And When will they tell you ? 

Regards and thanks T 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi
    Give the DWP a ring and ask for a copy of the assessment report and they should be able to tell you what the decision is as well
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • slondon22
    Options
    That easy ! Great , will do ! 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @slondon22, have you had any news?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • slondon22
    Options
    Hi Adrian, I did ring today and asked them what decision they had come to and the lady on the end of phone told me “ looking on system they haven’t come to a decision as yet “ Told her that was strange as I had already had letter saying they had come to a decision but had not been informed , She said well it’s been going on since January ! I didn’t realise this , but will give it till the 8 week deadline ,
    have to say ,I think it might have gone in my favour as they would have been quicker to tell me as I understand if I washer successful they stop my P.I.P. award after 4 weeks and can’t see them hanging about on that one can you ? 

Thanks dor your in put , regards T
  • slondon22
    Options
    Morning , had a call from someone at Dwp today telling me my review repot is now in the hands of an adudicater ?
     ( I think that’s what they said ) apparently checking on the heath care assessors work . Would this mean there not happy with my review application and may need another assessment ?  ( was a bit stunned to ask at time ) she mentioned my review procedure had been on going since January but didn’t say how long I have to wait for result , Is there any time scale for review procedures ? Bit concerned as not sure what to expect now .

many thank T 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sounds like it's been sent for audit. Which is checking that the HCP has done what they should have.  If it has then yes, it delays the decision making process.

Not sure why you previously received a letter saying the decision has been made, i've never heard of letters like that before.

There's no timescales for reviews or decisions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.