Re d l a — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Re d l a

gerrys6
gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
I got a payment from d l a today for my daughter when the payment was not due till next week Tuesday is it because today is her 16 th birthday . 
Does that signify something like they’re sending me the forms to transfer to p I p ? Will they still pay her until I’ve applied (I’m her appointee) for p I p. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Have you received a letter asking you to apply for PIP? If you have then you need to start the claim off by that date and then they will send you the forms.

Payment shouldn't arrive early, unless you haven't started the claim off by a certain date.

Either way you need to ring them to ask why you've received the payment early.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gerrys6
    I will because it’s also not the usual amount ? And no haven’t had any forms to change her from d l a to p I p 
  • poppy123456
    The first step will be a letter asking you to apply. As it's not the usual amount then there maybe a problem but hopefully there's a simple explanation. They are open now, give them a ring. Let us know how you get on.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • gerrys6
    I’m on the phone now ! 
  • gerrys6
    So the letter asking me to apply will that include the application pack ? 
    Because when I got the visit from the Dss the letter she left said nearer the time they would send the letter inviting me to apply. 
  • poppy123456
    No, it will just be a letter asking you to apply. Then you ring to start the claim off and then you're sent the PIP2 form. Check they have your correct address.
  • gerrys6
    Right so they say it’s a three week payment to take me up to the end of the week she turned 16 regardless of where that is in the cycle and for anyone else out there that needs to know the letter to apply for p I p is generated automatically once a child turns 16 and the next payment is now four weeks today so changing my acc week also for anyone else once you get the letter for p I p and are panicking about all the information you ve sent in that you know u won’t have to hand (like me) that the d l a will photocopy stuff you request send it to you and you send it into the p I p with the claim!!! 
    Hope this helps anyone else.
    thank you poppy123456
  • poppy123456
    Very useful information for those waiting for the transfer process for 16 year olds. Thanks for coming back to let us know and glad it's sorted.

When you do receive the PIP forms make sure you put as much information as possible about how their conditions affect them. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time they attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to them. Any extra sheets of paper you use make sure you add their name and NI number.

If you don't have enough time to return the form you can ring to request an extra 14 days.

Expect a face to face assessment because most have them. Your daughter will have to attend but because you're her appointee then you'll be able to answer all the questions on her behalf. They may ask her a few questions at the end which she will have to answer herself.

This link will help you understand the descriptors, what they mean and the criteria.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Thanks for letting us know the outcome @gerrys6, that's really useful to know. 

I hope the information Poppy has shared helps with the application for PIP, but please just let us know if you have any other queries. Best of luck! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.