Positive PIP story — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Positive PIP story

meandmine30
meandmine30 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I just wanted to post a positive pip story. For everyone worrying about applying, their review, change in circumstances I just wanted to see if I could make anyone worry a little bit less.

Trying to avoid the life story, arthritis,Crohn's kicked off the application for pip. Lovely lady came to do the assessment, nice questions, very relaxed and polite. My husband stayed with me for the assessment but we didn't know what to expect. Awarded standard rate both 3 years.

Then time for the review, I read on here that if there was no change write that and then write an example of what is still the same (if that makes sense) outcome was same award for 3 years again. 

Then things took a turn, things started getting harder, I was diagnosed with other things. I started to struggle to the point I decided to be brave and do a change in circumstances, I went through the process. Then assessment day came again. 2 ladies came to my door, that's right, 2! How daunting, one said don't worry, she's training she is here to watch me not you! Again lovely lovely ladies, very polite, understanding, kind. I was awarded higher rate in both for 10 years. 

My advice is this, have someone at your appointment, my husband is always trying to make jokes and I think it makes everyone relax. 

I can't believe the stuff I read on here, how awful it has been for people, I've had such a good experience and been so lucky. I think people should post more positive stories to help lift people's spirits when they're worried about what is coming. 

Sorry if I seem crazy! 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.