DWP offered me PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP offered me PIP

floralora
floralora Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
I appealed for PIP end of April, after I scored 0 points again for my MR (I applied for PIP originally in October). They had lost my medical evidence that I had sent in. So, I sent everything off for my appeal and today I got a call offering me standard daily living. I have joint hypermobility syndrome and I'm in pain all the time, I have chronic fatigue (not the syndrome), my knees partially dislocate among other stuff. I should be getting enhanced rates for both, since I can't do anything repeatedly, safely or reliably. I suffer with depression and anxiety too. 

I declined their offer and I'm going ahead with the appeal. I find it funny how they quickly change their minds when it's clear someone is going to be awarded PIP at the tribunal. 

It's reassuring to know that I've been offered PIP, I shouldn't have an issue when my tribunal date arrives. 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.