PiP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PiP assessment

Options
Bodieloo
Bodieloo Community member Posts: 2 Listener

i went for my pip assesment yesterday, from DLA to Pip, and the assesor was a paramedic, its my first assesment in six years, my condition is no better, and I had a few more to add to it, which I explained fully on my form, she was realy nice and put me totally at ease, didnt ask that many questions, just about my pain, and how I manage, and what aids I need to use, and my medication, she typed an awful lot, and just did a few tests like sqeezing her hand and wiggling my toes, then said could I squat, which I said is totally impossible, which made her smile, and continued to chat about anything.

It was very difficult for me expalining my pain as I dont often tell anybody and never look for sympathy, it was mid morning I tried to explain that time of day was probably my best time, as by afternoon I can barely stand, she said dont worry, but of course I am, was she too nice, is this what they do, lul you in to a false sense of security, you hear so many horror

Comments

• Bodieloo
    Bodieloo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    i went for my pip assesment yesterday, from DLA to Pip, and the assesor was a paramedic, its my first assesment in six years, my condition is no better, and I had a few more to add to it, which I explained fully on my form, she was realy nice and put me totally at ease, didnt ask that many questions, just about my pain, and how I manage, and what aids I need to use, and my medication, she typed an awful lot, and just did a few tests like sqeezing her hand and wiggling my toes, then said could I squat, which I said is totally impossible, which made her smile 

It was very difficult for me expalining my pain as I dont often tell anybody and never look for sympathy, it was mid morning I tried to explain that time of day was probably my best time, as by afternoon I can barely stand, she said dont worry, but of course I am, was she too nice, is this what they do, lul you in to a false sense of security, you hear so many horror stories 

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Bodieloo and welcome to the community! I'm so glad you had a lovely assessor! That must have helped an awful lot! I know we hear lots of negative stories but they aren't all like this, this morning we had a member share her positive PIP story which can be found here. We wish you the very best of luck and please do have a look around the community and let me know if there is anything else I can do to help :)
    Scope

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @bodieloo, hello and welcome, glad you felt your assessment went well. This time next week phone DWP and request a copy of your assessment report then you can see on receiving it what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official notification letter. Keep us updated. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.