PIP Appeal MP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal MP

Options
mercedesbd
mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone. Since being declined for the MR I put in for appeal DWP have until the 24th to reply. I put a complaint in with ATOS/IAS because DWP case manager told me to do it and they have until the 20th to reply so nothing yet. I wrote an email to my MP today and they replied shortly after and said she’s passed it on to the DWP to look at the case again and asked for there comments and she’ll tell me once they’ve replied.

My question is how longs it take for them to reply to the MP’s? And has anyone complained to ATOS If so what was the outcome?

Comments

• floralora
    floralora Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    Options
    It takes quite a while. My MP had to chase them for ages to get anything out of them. It took me 3 months to get a reply in the end. 

My MP complained to ATOS for me, and I got a really **** apology from them.
  • foxuk
    foxuk Community member Posts: 103 Pioneering
    Options
    My complaint was dealt with by my AM. The feedback was very quick to her and Capita were told to reverse their decision by the DWP and assess again.

The DWP found in my favour BUT Capita found in the favour of their assessor who hadn't turned up or didn't have the intelligence to use a doorbell or knock my door. Go figure.

Contrary to most reports the DWP were most sympathetic and speedy.

The other amazing thing was that the assessor who was able to ring a doorbell was lovely. Helpful and kind. I even got my PIP at enhanced rates for both Care and mobility where I had only got the lower rate for care on DLA.

There are a lot of 'back and fall' conversations between the DWP and MPs that we do not know about. I was lucky my AM is very effective and her staff are great. Things are different in other areas.

Jon

P.S. AM = Assembly Member - I am Welsh. My MP was useless answering my email after everything had been sorted (months).
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @mercedesbd _ I had a similar experience to @foxuk although not with ATOS.

My MP wrote on my behalf and it still took an age for them to reply. 

They didn't really find a lot wrong but corrected some of the errors in the assessment and re-submitted it.

I also had a good experience with DWP - very helpful. and polite. Only problem was it took a long time to get through on the 'phone......

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.