Having to go through the whole process again — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Having to go through the whole process again

Options
mimmit
mimmit Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My grandson went through a appeal he has PIP on mental health grounds it took a year he won and had his PIP for a year then they made him do another assessment and has his PIP stopped again and has to go through whole process again.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mimmit, welcome to the community and thank you for taking the time to share this with us all. I'm so sorry he s having to go through the same process after just completing it all the first time around! This must seem so annoying and disheartening. Is there anything the community can do to help?
    Scope

• mimmit
    Options
    Has this happened to other people ? My daughter is also going through a appeal they lied.a lot in the report saying she was not anxious has also Asthma and COPD cannot go anywhere without a car but said can make journeys unaided the stress going through this is terrible gave her 0 points apart from hearing aid she was wearing. She was crying and shaking all the time.so many things stated untrue but little faith in the system I am having to stay with her until.her car is repaired as housebound.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Hi @mimmit, I'm sorry you are having to go through two of these, it must be a lot for you to manage in one go! I know others have experienced the report lying but others have had very positive experiences, it can be a very mixed bag unfortunately! How is your daughter getting on with the appeal?
    Scope

• mimmit
    Options
    Hi,my daughter finally had her appeal on jan 16th over a year after her PIP was stopped,(Dec 15th 2018)her PIP was reinstated and at a higher rate it was backdated till May 2018 now she has to wait 6-8 weeks to recieve it,one tip i picked up along the way,i typed a brief history of her illness,medication and what had happened when PIP had stopped and the distress and hardship this had caused on one page and she handed it in to tribunal on the day this allowed them to see briefly without having to search through paperwork but could if needed they thanked her for this.it has been a hard journey having to use food banks and rely on family and friends to help thank goodness nearly over for two yearsthen we start all over again, meanwhile i am still having to help her out of my pension,
    My grandson was in a appeal the day after her he had only to wait six months for his date bearing in mind it had only been a year since he had gone through a appeal and won when he walked in he was told he should,nt have been there so case dismissed but asked if he wanted to apply for higher rate,he said no thank you my mother did that and lost her PIP to which the reply was no i can authorise it now and he was given the enhanced rate which was good.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @mimmit, that's great news! I'm really happy for your daughter and grandson. Thanks for sharing!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    So happy for you all @mimmit! :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.