I am going crazy over my pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am going crazy over my pip appeal

Nikki76
Nikki76 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have had nothing but problems with my pip appeal,l have been waiting 10 months,l have had one from letter in this time,saying my pip is going in my favour,then l had another September saying pip looking at claim again,and now letter from pip tribunal saying the judge has requested l have a telephone hearing ,I am listed for telephone hearing,this is making me very depressed and l feel like killing myself cos l seem to be waiting,waiting and waiting, but still no date nothing from them,l feel like l being made a excuse not to be awarded pip at all....
What is making me so upset it that l am nearly a year already waiting l can't keep waiting another year for a telephone hearing
I can't cope with this,l am being pushed around like a bloody idiot and no one's moving there backside there's people in my area waited 8 months for hearing this is so unfair 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Backlogs for hearings for those appearing in person for most areas is at least a year, some in excess of 1 year for a lot of people.  As you are waiting for a telephone hearing then i really have no idea what the waiting times are. The only thing you can really do is ring HMCTS and ask approximately how much longer you'll have wait. Hopefully it won't be much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Nikki76 I am sorry to hear how you are feeling and that you are still waiting for your tribunal date. Poppy is right - Unfortunately, the minimum waiting time can be 12 months. I really do hope that you don't have to wait too much longer!

If you are having thoughts of self harm or suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org
    You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/helping-yourself-now
    If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Nikki76, I'm really sorry you've had to wait so long. It must be so frustrating. Unfortunately, as Poppy says the best option is to speak with them and get a rough idea of how much longer you'll need to wait.

However, as a member of our community you're very important to us and if you're having thoughts of suicide, it's so important to speak with someone who is qualified and able to help you. I urge you to get in touch with the Samaritans (116 123) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

Reading MIND's tips on how to help cope with suicidal feelings is also a great step as Ami said. But if you ever feel like you may be a danger to yourself, please give 999 a call, or go to your local hospital.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Nikki76
    I have councillor which is tomorrow,she been great,l feel so anxious in myself not sleeping at all,over this ,I don't know if l should write letter to tribunal to tell them the effect it's having on me,and l even get letter from councillor if they like,the letter l got Tuesday though is from the actual judge,stating l have a telephone hearing cos my anxiety ....
    I called cab she didn't give a toss bout it ,she goes oh l know nothing about pip appeals l thought great help you are
    I am though keeping phone close to me in case judge or someone calls me out the blue 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @Nikki76, how are things going? Have you heard any more about your PIP appeal?
    I hope your meeting with your counsellor went well. 
    Keep in touch!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Nikki76
    No nothing,not anything at all,councillor went okay,she has contacted my doctor,saying l need a support worker...
  • Nikki76
    Hi @Nikki76, how are things going? Have you heard any more about your PIP appeal?
    I hope your meeting with your counsellor went well. 
    Keep in touch!
    Had pip appeal date the 11th June 2019....at last
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @Nikki76, I'm glad you've finally got a date. Do you have anyone to attend the tribunal with you? Best of luck with it all and please do let us know how you get on. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Nikki76
    Hi @Nikki76, I'm glad you've finally got a date. Do you have anyone to attend the tribunal with you? Best of luck with it all and please do let us know how you get on. 
    I had my pip appeal and the judge was extra nice,I think l had the most decent man on phone for pip hearing,they called me ten minutes after my hearing,that they are awarding me enhanced daily living,and low rate mobility for 4 years!l am shocked cos l didn't expect that at all,I am happy,the dwp didn't turn up for my hearing,I had two doctors and the judge,tribunal clerk,that's it yessss
  • Adrian_Scope
    That's brilliant news @Nikki76! Thanks for updating us and well done on seeing it through, it isn't an easy process. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Nikki76

That is great news for you, after such a protracted process.

Thank you for letting us know, as it is always good to hear of positive outcomes.

You can relax and enjoy the summer, when it comes! We have the heating on, cos it’s like Autumn outside.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.