Assessment Report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment Report

AWilson198911
AWilson198911 Community member Posts: 27 Listener
Hello everyone , I’ve had my assessment report through today , the 9 points that have been asked have been scored at 11 points for daily activity and 12 for mobility , Will the Decision makes go with the assessor or will they usually over rule them ?

thanks for your help in advance 

Antony 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

They mostly go with the report, it's rare to go against it. You will have to wait for a decision but hopefully it won't be too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AWilson198911
    Thank you Poppy , I can’t believe how long it takes when they have all the evidence , in fairness I requested my report on Thursday and I received back it today . 

All the boxes have been ticked but it’s still a stressful thing to go through especially when you can barely move because of breaking my back in a car crash .

thanks for your speedy reply 

antony 
  • AWilson198911
    Thank you Poppy , I can’t believe how long it takes when they have all the evidence , in fairness I requested my report on Thursday and I received back it today . 

All the boxes have been ticked but it’s still a stressful thing to go through especially when you can barely move because of breaking my back in a car crash .

thanks for your speedy reply 

antony 
  • drewdundee
    drewdundee Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Hi there, I am in a similar situation to you, i got 8 and 10 on my report, got the report back very quickly just waiting now for an award letter advising me whats going on. I started my claim in February... just takes far too long. 
  • AWilson198911
    When did you have your assessment ?
  • drewdundee
    Hi there, I had my assessment back on 16th of May. 
  • AWilson198911
    When did the assessment report get back to the dwp? Mines been a couple of weeks now 
  • drewdundee
    To give you an idea of how quick they were, check this .. 
  • drewdundee
    oops didnt realise it would be so big lol sorry
  • AWilson198911
    Yeah I’ve had that , was just wondering how long It would actually take , should have to give you a date by where they have to give you a decision by
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no timescales for decisions. Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. If a report is sent to audit this can significantly delay a decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    edited June 2019
    There really is no time scales as they'll say it will take 6 weeks but it could actually take longer, it was the same when I first applied, it took 7 months from start to finish, so far it's taken 6 months this time. I believe it depends on where you live and what sort of backlogs they have. You'll hear something eventually, keep an eye on your bank account, by the looks of it you get a payment before you get the letter.
  • AWilson198911
    Where are you from WF2K?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2019
    Nottingham, also my awarded was probably lowered due to the assessor not understanding MH problems.. not impressed.
  • AWilson198911
    Have you been awarded yet ? Or just had a copy of your assessment report ? 
  • [Deleted User]
    Copy of the report, still waiting for the decision.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.