Work Capability Questionnaire — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work Capability Questionnaire

licoriceman1
licoriceman1 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Having had PIP assessment, one week later a  Work Capability Questionnaire arrived through the letterbox, My heads in a spin, with all the paper work, I have no one to assist me right now to fill out the said form, Mesmac have not replied to my query for help,  I posted as a new member, and directed to this forum, any suggestion & support would be appreciated, Thank you 

Comments

• licoriceman1
    Having had PIP assessment, one week later a  Work Capability Questionnaire arrived through the letterbox, My heads in a spin, with all the paper work, I have no one to assist me right now to fill out the said form, Mesmac have not replied to my query for help,  I posted as a new member, and directed to this forum, any suggestion & support would be appreciated, Thank you 

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi @licoriceman1
    I'm not sure what general area you are in, but the CAB can help with filling out these forms. They are pretty good in our area but I do believe in a lot of places they are inundated with so many clients wanting help.The best thing to do would be to contact your local branch and arrange an appointment if possible.
    If not then you could try going online to see what help is available in your area. Good luck.
        Debsidoo.x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I've not heard of Mesmac until i googled it but i see they don't deal with benefits help and advice, which is probably why you didn't receive a reply from them.

Take a look at this link and put your postcode in to see what's in your area for help and support. https://advicelocal.uk/

Do be aware of the timescale to return that form because there's no extension of time. It has to be received back no later than date stated in the letter. If you're claiming for mental health reasons then the rules are different.

If you're already in a group for ESA then it's worth knowing the reasons why you were previously placed into that group then you can base filling out the form on those reasons, if your conditions haven't changed.

Remember to put as much information as possible and send relevant evidence with the form because they rarely contact anyone for this. Expect a face to face assessment because most people have them. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • licoriceman1
    @debsidoo Thank you & @poppy123456 Awesome you are all amazing, my heads spinning got a headache now reading such a wealth of awesome information. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. It's always a worry when we receive those forms. For me ESA is always the worst because we never know when it'll arrive through the door.
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    there's always someone at the job center as well most day or is at mine who's on hand regarding the CAB,. or if they can't help on a given day, they normal set you up with more advice or who to contact etc, the job center aren't what they use to be and now are quite helpful and so different from the old days and some of the DWP, so good luck and hope you get the help, aged 52 next month, i feel old and seen a lot change in the 20+ years i've been in the system
  • licoriceman1
    @zakblood Thank you so much. I will hopefully be 60 in January. Enjoy your evening  :) 
  • miche77e
    miche77e Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi not sure if i'm doing this right here but here goes, I've just posted back a form for ESA work capability form back and its not that long since winning my appeal for PIP, just thing they are hassling me. Could someone please tell me what happens now this form ha gone back. I've got a brain injury and my thinking isn't that good so if you could make it simple for me that would be great. Sent them all forms, medication list doctors and about the brain surgery, well hopefully that was ok. Thanks for your time.
  • poppy123456
    miche77e said:
    Hi not sure if i'm doing this right here but here goes, I've just posted back a form for ESA work capability form back and its not that long since winning my appeal for PIP, just thing they are hassling me. Could someone please tell me what happens now this form ha gone back. I've got a brain injury and my thinking isn't that good so if you could make it simple for me that would be great. Sent them all forms, medication list doctors and about the brain surgery, well hopefully that was ok. Thanks for your time.
    Hello,

PIP and ESA are different benefits so winning your PIP Tribunal will have no affect on future work capability assessments.

For the work capability assessment you'll most likely need another face to face assessment because most people have them. They will write to you with an appointment date, if an assessment is needed. In the meantime you just need to wait. Good luck.
  • miche77e
    miche77e Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I don't remember ever having one of those before so bit scared, its bit hard to try and say to people what things are like. You see me and there isn't anything that is wrong, but its all inside my head and brain that causes the problems so not to sure how best to get things over to them.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.