Should I ring and tell pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I ring and tell pip

Options
Toffee
Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
Hi am off pip for daily living only I was diagnosed last July with fibromyalgia. Shall I ring them and tell them or should I leave it till my review. So unsure what to do.. Any advise would be appreciated 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

Unless you're condition has changed there's no need to report the diagnosis. Reporting this they will send you more PIP2 forms, you'll need evidence to support your claim and also very likely another face to face assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Toffee
    Options
    Ty so much poppy x
  • LaughingLolly
    LaughingLolly Community member Posts: 100 Pioneering
    Options
    Yeah. Ignore. I have had one of my diagnosis ' changed and changed back 3 times (so 5 in total) so you have to list symptoms and how it affects you. 
    A laugh a day keeps the psychiatrist at bay. 
  • Toffee
    Options
    Yes my condition as gone a lot worse over a year since my last review 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A worsening condition doesn't mean you'll be entitled to a higher award. Check the PIP descriptors here. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

You should get expert face to face advice.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Toffee
    Options
    Thank you poopy I will seek face to face advise they don't know about my new condition see

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.