Feeling nervous after face to face assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling nervous after face to face assessment

nikkicoggs
nikkicoggs Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Had my home face to face assessment at home yesterday. The lady seemed nice, was a mental health nurse. Which i think seems good as i have autism and really struggle with anxiety and depression .

when can you as DWP to ask for a copy of her report?
And is there normally long waits to hear from DWP for if they award you or not?

thankyou for your help

Comments

• AWilson198911
    AWilson198911 Community member Posts: 27 Listener
    Wait for a text to say they’ve received the report and call and ask for a copy , mine came the next day after asking. The wait is looking like atleast 6 weeks at the moment dependant on where you are in the country 

Antony 
  • nikkicoggs
    Thankyou for your reply, think im just feeling overwhelmed at all the horrible stories i hear about the face to face assessors. 
  • AWilson198911
    Mine had put down on the report exactly what I told her , They aren’t all bad . Just try not to worry because it will take a few weeks for them to get the report back then a further 4-6 weeks atleast for a decision . Takes far too long 
  • nikkicoggs
    Yes the process is lots long. I first rang for the first time of claim february. And had the face to face yesterday. Seems so long . 
  • AWilson198911
    I rang 11th March , Had my face to face on 23rd May , they had a GP report sent 18th March which matched up with what I had said on form and at assessment so just waiting for the decision now . Let’s hope it’s not months and months like some people have to wait 
  • nikkicoggs
    I had my text today to say they have my report. So called by chance to see when i can request a copy . He said its when they get it. So is posting it out. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hi @nikkicoggs, I'm glad to read your assessor was nice. You will always read more negative stories online then you will positive as, understandably, people only tend to 'go public' when they have a complaint or need help. 
    Good luck with your assessment report, let us know how you get on and hopefully you won't be waiting too long for a decision. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.