Is it common for an assessor to lie on the AP report? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it common for an assessor to lie on the AP report?

a_man_with_autism
a_man_with_autism Community member Posts: 6 Listener
So, I asked for my AP report a few days ago and it turned up today. I got my other half to read it who came with me and its full of lies. The time spent was 10 minutes longer on the report then I spent doing the assessment, a lot in the report is not what I said and a lot of info that i did say is missing.

So just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, thus my view on the assessment reports. When we apply for PIP we fill in the application form stating how and why we can't preform the different PIP descriptors for each question. At our assessment the HP then working though the application questions asks us the reasons why we can ant can not do the PIP descriptors and then making a dession rightly or wrongly enters the result on the cumputor. Even when we have given what we think is more or extra information verbally at the assessment it is not possible or needed to be printed recorded to continue the assessment report. The HPs have been doing these assessments for a long time and can make assumptions and opinions from our conversations during the assessment which we are not aware of at the time. So caution and awareness of your particular situations must be watched by claiments to avoid misinterpretation of your answers and avoiding an Mr and possible tribunal. 
  • a_man_with_autism
    a_man_with_autism Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    wilko said:
    Hello, thus my view on the assessment reports. When we apply for PIP we fill in the application form stating how and why we can't preform the different PIP descriptors for each question. At our assessment the HP then working though the application questions asks us the reasons why we can ant can not do the PIP descriptors and then making a dession rightly or wrongly enters the result on the cumputor. Even when we have given what we think is more or extra information verbally at the assessment it is not possible or needed to be printed recorded to continue the assessment report. The HPs have been doing these assessments for a long time and can make assumptions and opinions from our conversations during the assessment which we are not aware of at the time. So caution and awareness of your particular situations must be watched by claiments to avoid misinterpretation of your answers and avoiding an Mr and possible tribunal. 
    I'm sorry but i don't understand your point
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2019
    @a_man_with_autism....my assessment had a number of inaccuracies, although I wouldn't suggest that it is 'common' that the assessors lie.

I recorded mine so when I got the assessment report I can be 100% certain that some of the answers that the HCP claims that I gave are lies. I did not say what it says that I said. Some things I did say are conveniently edited out. There are answers to some questions that weren't asked.

However it's fair to say that there were some things that I did say that I would never have believed I had, if I hadn't had a recording to listen to. I got the answer 'wrong' to one very simple simple question, and also I was awarded some points for one category where I'd written "Not applicable"!

I'd recommend following @poppy123456 's advice to your previous post.

Look at the 'descriptors' for each activity so that you know exactly what they involve and work out which ones you believe apply to you. There is lots of advice on here about taking things further - to mandatory reconsideration, or a tribunal.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gruber
    gruber Posts: 29 Listener
    wilko said:
    Hello, thus my view on the assessment reports. When we apply for PIP we fill in the application form stating how and why we can't preform the different PIP descriptors for each question. 
    Do we??
    The PIP2 that I have filled in did not ask any questions of that nature. It asked that you describe the difficulties and impact which may or may not fit with any of the descriptors. It is for the assessor to determine from what you have described if any descriptors are relevant or not. 

Surely the claim is about telling your story/painting a picture first and not trying to fit that story or picture to a descriptor.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @gruber - you've made similar posts under your previous two usernames - yadnad & twonker.

'Painting a picture' will not help.

If you do not give evidence about how you cannot carry out the descriptors you will not get PIP. 
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    best advice when dealing with the DWP in any case is imo only mind you, get it recorded, so they can't put into a factual report, something which isn't a fact, or take in a 3rd party who can verify what was and wasn't mentioned on the day and is there just to add weight to a one sided view, which normal ends up being your word against a so called trained professional, good luck and hope you appeal and win your case

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.