Pip Home Assessment tomorrow Oh and Hello ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Home Assessment tomorrow Oh and Hello ?

2Plantpot
2Plantpot Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hello All
DLA to pip assessment tomorrow haven't had one for 13 years so been blessed. I have read that stairs are no longer recognised as a factor in moving around..I do hope I get an honest assessor My husband will be with me who looks after me and he is very protective, so let's hope they are nice to me After all I am an honest person who's life is severely limited and painful but nonetheless it's life Jim but not as we know it!!

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, don't forget that PIP is about your abilities in relation to the PIP descriptors. Next week Thursday time and ring for a copy of your assessment report that's if you live in the UK. On receiving your report you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official notification letter from the DWP. Good luck for your assessment. 
  • 2Plantpot
    Hello Wilko
    Thank you for that
    Had a phone call to confirm appointment tomorrow and within 30 mins got another call to cancel haha
    Now got to wait until July worrying and edgy ?
    Ah well
    Thanks
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @2Plantpot! I'm sorry your assessment has been cancelled, I imagine it's not nice to now have to wait even longer for the assessment. Please do have a look round the community and let me know if there is anything else I can do to help :)
    Scope

• 2Plantpot
    Hi Chloe
    Kind of you to reply.
    I had a few days diary to give to the assessor and a great letter from my GP  which I couldn't decide whether to send with claim as it is 7 years old concerning my IB to ESA transfer ?
    Any advice would be welcomed 
    Thanks ☺
  • 2Plantpot
    Sorry my question was.. should I now send to dwp as extra evidence?
    I have read somewhere that you should inform the rep if an appointment has been cancelled by HP
    Thanks again ☺
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi, here is what I have found online regarding sending extra evidence for your PIP claim and it also has a letter template which hopefully is useful! :)
    Scope

• 2Plantpot
    Thank you for that, I have used part of the text as an accompanying letter. I sent off 4 days of diaries with the descriptors stated and which apply to me. Hoping against hope with more info they may decide against the medical assessment haha.
    The docs letter was too old, I have been informed. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    Most people have face to face assessments, it's rare to have a paper based one. My advice is to expect your assessment to go ahead, that way you won't build your hopes too high.

As you're transferring from DLA did you request your DLA file to be used for the PIP claim?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 2Plantpot
    Thank for reply Poppy
    They asked me that with original,phone call and I said yes. Although the assessment was over 10 years ago. I do know the f2f will go ahead but no harm in trying.. makes me wonder what They can possibly ask that they don't already have in writing from me, my GP and consultant ?‍♀️
    10 years ago it was Drs doing assessments here, he asked if it effected my sex life? I said yes it does. My husband said it doesn't effect mine ?? he was highly amused and I go lifetime award
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That did make me laugh @2Plantpot
    Usually they like to just see for themselves the evidence as described by your GP etc. Best of luck with your f2f in July. Please let us know how you get on.

Hope to see you around the community. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • 2Plantpot
    Will do Adrian thanks matey ☺️
  • 2Plantpot
    Hi All
    Unless it gets cancelled in the morning....Fingers crossed I have my assessment from DLA to PIP tomorrow 
    Just been reading through my copy of the application and sat here in tears, it is so upsetting isn't it reading how reliant you are on others.
    Ah well ok now, having a cup of tea 
    Will be in touch and let you know how it goes, last minute tips appreciated.
    Thanks
  • Chloe_Scope
    Morning @2Plantpot, I hope your assessment goes well today. I'm the application was upsetting to read, I know I hated reading mine back, it can be hard. 
    A cup of tea is always good :)
    Good luck @2Plantpot and the community will be here if you need any support afterwards.
    Scope

• 2Plantpot
    Thank you Chloe
    Well appointment for home assessment was between 11am and 1pm
    They were very apologetic after arriving an hour and a half late..
    It was over very quickly they just went through the PIP descriptors and asked some questions, nothing I wasn't expecting. 
    They were very kind and courteous but after all the nightmares you read about, you can't help but be suspicious. 
    I will keep you all informed of the outcome, just so relieved it is over.
    ?

• Chloe_Scope
    That's great news @2Plantpot! I'm so happy it went smoothly for you! In about a weeks time you'll be able to ring up and request a copy of your report which will allow you to see what kind of recommendations have been made in terms of what award you will get. Fingers crossed about the result! 
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @2Plantpot, thank you for coming back and updating us. I'm glad the assessment wasn't as bad as some we hear about. Very frustrating that they turned up late even with a 2 hour time slot! Opening up about the care you need or receive can be really difficult, so at least that's over for now. 
    If you're able, do take Chloe's advice and give them a call next week for a copy of the assessment report. 
    Best of luck!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • 2Plantpot
    Hi All
    Received a text message to say they have received my report Yikes that was quick
    My daughter and I are going away at the weekend for a week so I have made the decision not to ask for a copy of the assessment report, yet.
    When we come home I will see how I feel, right now just want to enjoy the relief and keep the hope alive that it will be good news.
    ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    Sometimes they receive the report the day the assessment took place but it doesn't mean anything. Hopefully you're not waiting too long for a decision but there's no timescales. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Morning @2Plantpot, that's completely okay! You don't need to request it just yet if you don't want to. I hope you have a lovely time away! :)
    Scope

• 2Plantpot
    Thank you Chloe ☺

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.