CA Not effecting UC disability premiums — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CA Not effecting UC disability premiums

Options
jedimafia
jedimafia Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
Am I right to think having a carer and her paid my carers allowance premium will not having any affect on the disability premiums I will have on Universal credit?  Their website is confusing.. thanks

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @jedimafia.

There aren’t currently any disability premiums on Universal Credit for adults. 
    If you mean the ESA equivalent on Universal Credit as you’re unable to work due to illness or disability then you’re correct, her claiming Carer’s Allowance for you won’t affect your Universal Credit claim. 

Does she currently receive any other other benefits? As it may affect them.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • jedimafia
    jedimafia Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Nothing she's just on low rate esa and in 6-7 years a pension thanks :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You must be claiming a qualifying benefit such as DLA mid/high rate care or PIP daily living for her to claim carers allowance for looking after you.

Which ESA does she claim, is it Income Related or Contributions based?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.