Decision Length ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Decision Length ?

AWilson198911
AWilson198911 Community member Posts: 27 Listener
How long has everyone had to wait for a decision to find out their award after the assessment report has been received by the DWP? Today I’ve been told 10-12 weeks on the phone.

Look forward to seeing the range of answers . 

Comments

• drewdundee
    drewdundee Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Hi there, 
    I know it's really frustrating waiting for a decision, It took me 3 1/2 weeks to get a decision after they received everything. Decision was made on Monday this week. I believe it depends on the area you are in and of course how big the backlog is. I am in Scotland.

Hope this helps
    Drew
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you requested a copy of your assessment report?. On receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait till you get the official award notification letter, the decision makers usually go with the report recommendations.
  • Claire14
    Claire14 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    My mum had to apply for pip from dla. She had her home assessment on 7th May and today we have received the decision notice. So just over 5 weeks we have had to wait. She has been given enhanced on both daily and mobility, she was only receiving lower for both on dla. But her health has deteriorated in the past few years. 
  • AWilson198911
    AWilson198911 Community member Posts: 27 Listener
    I had my assessment on 23rd May and my assessment report has recommended 11 for care and 12 for mobility , when did she receive the text to say that they had the report Claire? And did you get an assessment report prior to your award ? 

Thanks
  • Claire14
    Claire14 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I had my assessment on 23rd May and my assessment report has recommended 11 for care and 12 for mobility , when did she receive the text to say that they had the report Claire? And did you get an assessment report prior to your award ? 

Thanks
    I received a text on 17th May to say they had received the assessment form and we would hear something in the next 6 weeks. My mum got 18 points for daily living and 12 points for mobility. No we didn’t get an assessment form prior to the decision

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.