Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

Options
shell73
shell73 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
I have a date to go for my appeal for ESA  will it be the same as the pip tribunal and appart from the bundle should I take anything else with me 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It's similar to PIP but it has different criteria. Any extra evidence you have should be sent to arrive no later than 10 days before the hearing date. Just the bundle is all that's needed. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We wish you the very best of luck with your appeal @shell73!
    Scope

• shell73
    Options
    Ok thank you 
  • shell73
    Options
    It was ok bit daunting like but I was placed and n support group which I am pleased about and if it wasn't for poppy telling me what to do on another post when I failed my ESA assessment I think I may of given up but didn't so thank you will I receive any extra than I'm on now or does it mean I stay the same but no longer have to send sick notes in 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @shell73 brilliant news!! Yes, you'll receive backdated money with the difference between assessment rate and Support Group Income Related rate, which is £55.35 per week. I can't remember if you were previously in a group before you were found fit for work or if you were on assessment rate.

You'll need to continue to send those sick notes until you hear from DWP. Backdated money can take 8 weeks,
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • shell73
    Options
    Ok and thank you once again I was on assessment rate and thanks again 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome! then your money will be backdated to the 14th week of your claim.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's amazing news @shell73!!! I'm so glad you managed to get what you deserve! That must be a massive weight lifted now!
    Scope

• shell73
    Options
    It is thank you 
  • Pjlady
    Pjlady Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Well done
    very worried today iv received a text saying the tribunal have reached a decision iv not been to court so not had a chance to put my point across verbally whats the % if any of me getting my benefit back 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Pjlady said:
    Well done
    very worried today iv received a text saying the tribunal have reached a decision iv not been to court so not had a chance to put my point across verbally whats the % if any of me getting my benefit back 
    Hi,

In this situation then it's different so i wouldn't know the percentage. Sometimes HMCTS do make a decision without needing to attend, especially if it's obvious from your evidence which group you should be in. You should receive a letter with the decision in the next few days. Good luck.
  • audigirl
    audigirl Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Options
    Thankyou im hopeing its good news 
    could i ask if you know any one winning their appeal this way 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    audigirl said:
    Thankyou im hopeing its good news 
    could i ask if you know any one winning their appeal this way 
    Sorry i'm confused, in what way? I don't see any question from you?
  • Pjlady
    Options
    Sorry it didnt post 
    The tribunal have reviewed all the information you and DWP have provided and have reached a decision on your ESA appeal.

The decision notice has been posted to you. This has the tribunal's decision and their reasons. You should receive it by 22 June 2019 

Please note we cannot give you your decision over the phone. This is to protect your personal information. 

Has anyone won there appeal this way i was waiting for a court date but received this 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @Pjlady as i advised, this does sometimes happen. Hopefully the decision letter will arrive soon. Good luck.
  • Pjlady
    Options
    Thankyou poppy

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.