Milestone Achieved! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Milestone Achieved!

April2018mom
April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
My son finally managed to memorize the whole alphabet today. We have been working on this for about six months now. I’m so thrilled for him. Next up on my list of goals, making sure he memorizes our landline number.
What milestones have you celebrated recently? Were they expected or not? This is a huge achievement on his part. All milestones big or small have to be celebrated, right? 

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    That's fantastic news, @April2018mom!  You must be very proud of your son and all your hard work has paid off.  I'm sure he will memorise your landline number too.  :smile:
    I can't think of any milestones I have achieved recently.  However, I have just started going to a Tai Chi class.  Something that I've always fancied doing, but never thought I could due to my disability.  I'm loving it!  You are so right that every milestone, big or small should be celebrated.  All the best to you and your son.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • April2018mom
    We are thrilled. Positive thinking is crucial. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's great @April2018mom, well done to you and your son!
    Best of luck with the phone number, let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • April2018mom
    We are slowly getting there. I tried teaching him it today. Even wrote it down on a piece of paper (I burned it later) but since I suspect he has dyscalculia he struggled initially. 

Brightness