Pip mobility — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip mobility

Options
emmaelizabeth123
emmaelizabeth123 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
hi

i worried about walking my dog with my partner as I’ve read people have lost it because of this. I walk with a stick and take two different painkiller before I go and am in pain walking round and later. But go advised to walk. I get full mobility. 

After reading other peoples i pled I am now worried about walking. Am I allowed to walk dog?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @emmaelizabeth123 Pleased to meet you .

Thank you for your post. Why not?  To give you reassurance you have done first nothing wrong.

Second what is important is you how you cope and deal with your disability.  I do understand the problems .

Who decides and has concern over what ever your doing it is none of their business.

I am happy to share what is important also may I add is your own self. How we can help and be a friend.

That we can give and offer any advice, guidance when you need it.

What is necessary is that we continue to support you. Please if you need to ask anything.

Enjoy your dog walking.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • emmaelizabeth123
    emmaelizabeth123 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Thank you. I was feeling like a criminal 
  • chris77
    chris77 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    thats the thing im suicidal etc and now i feel like a criminal i worked every day since 16yrs old and now im second class scum it seems
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @emmaelizabeth123 Thank you for reply. Why because you have a dog.  Who knows about your mobility?

No one but you.

The only thing that matter is you. How are you today?. How as a  community be a friend, supportive.

To you.

Wishing you well.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @chris77   Thank you for contacting the community.

Sorry to hear this. Please can I add .If your having problems or issues. How can we as a community help you.

Always here to listen be supportive.  I am not a trained counsellor but know there are good people to talk to.

If you feel the need to talk to some one there are The Samaritans to talk to.

Call 116 123 .

If you feel that you may be an danger to yourself. Please go to hospital or call 999.

This is important.  You have done nothing wrong. Your a valued member of our community.

We are here to help and offer advice.  

Keep in touch.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @chris77. I'm really sorry to hear how you're feeling. Have you spoken to anyone about your feelings at all?
    I hope you realise that we're always here if you need a chat, but if you're dealing with suicidal thoughts, you should really speak to someone qualified to help you, such as Samaritans as @thespiceman has suggested. If you're not comfortable talking by phone (116 123) you can always email them on jo@samaritans.org

If you ever feel like you might be in any immediate danger, please give 999 a call or go to your local hospital.
    In the meantime, we're here for you and will try to support you as best we can.

Adrian
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness