Support group — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support group

Options
jeff123
jeff123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello does any one know if you go from the support group to wrag do you have an assesment in the future thanks jeff

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Yes you have regular assessment reviews in either group and they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months. The only time you don't have them is if you're placed into the severe conditions group where all future re-assessments are turned off.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jeff123
    Options
    Thanks poppy i ask because i had an assesment yesterday and the lady said i will have to go for reassesment in a year i was hoping that in the wrag group you wouldnt have to so that maybe she was suggesting i was going to the. support group thanks jeff
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem. When you think of it that really wouldn't make sense because the WRAG isn't the best group to be placed into. Support Group is where everyone wants to be.

Wait a week and ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jeff123
    Options
    Thing is she was really sympathetic and understanding not sure if she was being genuine but you hear so many stories about mental health issues being put on wrag i guess i was hoping to find an answer instead of waiting for goodness knows how long ?    
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good morning @jeff123 and welcome to the community. :) Fingers crossed you won't be waiting too long! Best of luck. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.