got worse but lost money confused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

got worse but lost money confused

chris77
chris77 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
i had a recent assessment ,i was on mid pip etc then i got a mandatory test after 2yrs ,i was told not to give details as they had all previous information ,but sadly my condition has got double worse and also got a diagnosis of copd recently ,then to my shock i got put on low and no care i get out of breath etc very easy and also need a triple bypass ,but i got no points for mobility and lost alot of needed income to keep a roof over head etc as bedroom tax is a joke lol just that on further investigation etc ive found i cant ask to appeal as its been 8wks can anyone please advise ,im desperate 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There is no mid rate of PIP. I'm a little confused also because you said you got put on low and no care but you got no points for mobility? Do you have a PIP award at all at the moment?

The first stage to appeal is to request the mandatory reconsideration (MR). Yes, you have 1 month to request this but with good reason you have 13 months. My advice is to request the MR stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that  applies to you.

Include in the letter your reasons why you're late requesting the MR.

Most MR decisions remain the same so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal. Appearing in person will give you the bext chance of a decision in your favour.

I'd also advise you to get some face to face advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chris77
    im confused full stop lol im getting £200pm and prior to that was over double problem is i dont know all the jargon im not here to lie cant see point in it and find the whole thing intimidating and a total nightmare i paid taxes my whole life and now im scum if the give me a bypass then they can shuv the money i want to work ive lost my house business and my dignity so im sorry im not speaking the jargon but brass tacks is ive got pip and get 200 pm as i said and got nearly 500 before and ive got worse i actually know several people who have nothing wrong with them and get full everything car the lot and they think its funny im trying to understand but the closest place is aprox 15 miles away and im going to be the next i daniel blake hungry homeless and dead before i get anywhere thanks for letting me even speak /but right away thats a problem as there is low middle and high in scotland high is now enhanced ??
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Where ever you are in the country there's only standard or Enhanced. There's no middle rate for PIP. PIP and DLA are different benefits.

There's no specific jargon to use when claiming PIP, it's purely how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. You need to tell them in as much detail as possible exactly how your conditions affect you. Adding those real life examples will also help.

Unfortunately, PIP isn't about how much taxes you've paid over the years and it's not about your ability to work. People claim PIP and work and it's a non means tested benefit.

This link will help you find what's local to you for face to face advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chris77
    yep i see that but the way you get treated as if your a criminal is disgusting at the cost of what ,my son has cerebral palsy and got refused any pip so its not truth they listen to if you go in looking for oscar and act a great part you will get enhanced lol its the last communication anyway i can see the uk all over fight and argue with fellow humans ,no thanks im best commiting a crime then ill get food and warmth im glad you make and see things so matter a fact peace god bless  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.