ESA decision reached — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA decision reached

audigirl
audigirl Community member Posts: 46 Connected
Iv just received a text The tribunal have reviewed all the information you and DWP have provided and have reached a decision on your ESA appeal. The decision notice has been posted to you. This has the tribunal's decision and their reasons. You should receive it by 22 June 2019  Please note we cannot give you your decision over the phone. This is to protect your personal information.  ESA Benefit Appeals can anyone en lighten me i was waiting for a hearing date im scared this isnt good

Comments

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    edited June 2019
    good luck news to me, as i was always under the impression that if they turned down your MR and you appealed it, you was going to also get a date, seems they over turned yours maybe without it, as can't see then up holding it without you attending, then again it's totally news to me, so could be wrong, but dates not long to wait, i'm still waiting for the MR stages so 62 days and counting, so 22nd of Junes not much longer, good luck and hope it is the correct one and not bad news, which is highly unlikely i hope, as really didn't know they could hold one without you attending either, how strange and also edited as it was Adrian_Scope who posted, so reply was more for him, so amended 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I answered a question exactly same as this a couple of days ago but it was from someone with a different user name.

I advised that it's most likely good news but you'll need to wait to receive the letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • zakblood
    so is there a new rule out? as turned down in MR then you apply for Tribunal and it gets done without you, seems a bit odd, so is this new practice or for cases just not worth going to court, as in should have been over turned at MR stages and wasn't?

make me wonder as you now say you've seen 2 cases, i can't find another online anywhere, not just this forum so seems rather odd and rather a new thing?
  • poppy123456
    There's no new ruling. It's most likely because it was obvious to HMCTS which group the person should have been placed into so they made a decision without the need to appear.

The question was identical so i'm assuming it was the same person but with a different user name. The question is in this thread somewhere. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/60084/tribunal#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Good morning @audigirl, this doesn't necessarily mean the decision isn't in your favour, it seems to be becoming increasingly common that they refuse to give the results by phone. Hopefully you should receive their decision letter in the next few days, best of luck and let us know how you get on. 

Sorry for the confusion @zakblood, sometimes when we move threads a certain way, the moderator ends up being defined as a poster. Audigirl was the original poster of the message. :smile:  
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • zakblood
    edited June 2019
    no worried i'd guessed as such as i mod a forum elsewhere so understood and altered my reply to suit
  • Pjlady
    Pjlady Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Thankyou all for the replies just didnt feel it was fair the courts decideing without my presence because to me i didnt supply alot if evidence but did send in new information of what i had so most of you think its been overturned ?because i agree it wouldnt be fair 
    that last i heard on the .gov site they was extremly busy could this be why they did a paper hearing
    Il let you know how i get on
    also will i need any sicknotes mine runs out tomoro sounds strange ...thankyou againx

• zakblood
    never heard of one saying no without even letting you appear first, so yes good luck and fingers crossed for you and don't count down the days until the letter arrives, mind you saying that, i do each morning ;)
  • poppy123456
    You will still need to continue to send in the sick notes until you hear from DWP and this could take 8 weeks.
  • Pjlady
    Pjlady Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi 
    while im waiting for my ESA appeal decision letter which is 22  june do i need to stil send sick notes 
  • poppy123456
    Pjlady said:
    Hi 
    while im waiting for my ESA appeal decision letter which is 22  june do i need to stil send sick notes 
    I previously answered this, yes you still need to send them until you hear from DWP. Do you have 2 accounts with different user names? Just a little confused by the same questions being asked by 2 different names.
  • audigirl
    audigirl Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Hi all sorry for the confusion poppy123456 yes it is my other account as sometimes i forget my password
    im letting everyone know that iv one my appeal paper based meaning i didnt attend the tribunal (court) can you tell me how long i have to wait now iv sent in a sick note as advised by ppl in this group 
    thankyou so much for supporting me anyone else who feels like giveing up like i did please dont x
  • poppy123456
    It can take 8 weeks to receive backdated money and about the same time to put your ESA award in payment.
  • Susie55
    Susie55 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Hi everyone,I am still waiting to hear decision since my ESA assessment,phoned DWP today to see if there was any news , apparently there is a back log of forms so was told not to phone and just wait until I get decision letter in post ,too which they could not give me a time frame.So I will be in limbo until goodness knows when.This is not doing my health any good as I suffer from anxiety among other things ,and it's through the roof at the moment.Can anyone tell me how long they have had to wait.At moment it's been 5weeks since I had assessment.☹️
  • poppy123456
    @Susie55 unfortunately, there's no timescales to any decision. Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.

Requesting a copy of the assessment report will help because they mostly go with the report.

I know it's very stressful waiting but sadly there's nothing you can do in the meantime.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.