PIP tribunal - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal

2»

Comments

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @davedj44 - as regards seeing you MP...

I went to see mine. He lent a listening ear which was good and also sent a letter (I'd drafted the letter - he signed it)

It's useful that MPs know what's going on but, in terms of practical assistance, I think you might be better going to an organisation with knowledge of the benefits system.

• davedj44
    davedj44 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Thus all very overwhelming, I have no idea what to do or who to contact?
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @davedj44 - I'm sorry that you feel overwhelmed by it all.

I'm not really best placed to advise as I didn't get as far as a tribunal but I wonder if you could try your local CAB who may be able to point you in the right direction.

Also, I'd be inclined to wait until you get details of the SOR. Once you know why you weren't successful you can work out the way forward...

Stay strong...
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    This link will help you find what's in your area for face to face advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Argyl14
    Argyl14 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I had to attend 3 tribunals, as local help group, well messed up.

And total agree it is worse than assessment.  Like most, told it wasn't  a pressurized meeting, panel are nice.

Aye, 2nd of 3 times I think or last one. I was made to feel so low, scum.  I broke down.

1 off them I stupidly tried to get out bath myself, as I should  have known, fell, battered face of toilet seat. All black and blue. Huge cut, next day tribunal.  Looked at me as if I did it to myself.

It's a disgrace, people when needing help, support, at lowest point  are put through this.

And 100% the government know it, and its planned to be as such.

Evil evil people

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.