PIP assessors report - Feels like I've wasted my time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessors report - Feels like I've wasted my time

luna1987
luna1987 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I had my PIP F2F assessment a couple of weeks ago and after having a lively discussion with someone last week I managed to get a copy of the report that Capita have submitted to the DWP before a decision  has been made on my award.

After looking at advice on forums like these and websites I made sure that I went into my assessment prepared, I wrote down all the little bits that I wanted to make sure the assessor knew about my condition (EUPD, Depression & Anxiety) as this is something that I'd seen recommended. My sister also came with me and she did a lot of the talking there as I was feeling anxious and stressed out. The report that the health assessor has made is basically saying that I'm totally ok, there is nothing at all wrong with me and he has not written anything down that we actually told him during the assessment. 

I have got a really bad feeling about the outcome from the official DM. Am I right in having this opinion?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @luna1987, hello and welcome, as you may and should well know pip is not about a diagnosis or disability but how your life is impacted on a daily basis in relation to the pip descriptors. If the HP at your assessment have recorded that your health and abilities did or do not fit or match any of the pip descriptors then when you receive your award notification letter you must write to the DWP requesting an MR and give details of instances of what pip descriptors you should of been awarded point outlining what happen when you tried or attempted to do the  disputed descriptor. Most MR remain the same so if you are justified in perusing your claim the next step is a tribunal hearing where there is a long wait of over a year in most cases. Keep the community updated.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.