PIP Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal

Options
mercedesbd
mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone wont let me reply to people from my post a few weeks back. Question for all But it’s now 4 working days the DWP have left to respond to the Tribunal 6 days in general they still haven’t responded to them after 3 weeks, do they leave it to the last day? When did they reply to your appeal If you experienced this?
Also I have 2 working days left to get a reply from ATOS/Independent Assessment Services about my complaint and still nothing? I’ve literally been left in the lurch I contacted my MP and she said she was contacting DWP to look at my case again and give there comments. STILL not heard nothing back. I sent further evidence today to both PIP and the Tribunal. It’s a complete liability I know things take time but I at least expect a reply by there deadlines this rate I won’t get nothing 
I’m using the online appeal tracker they sent me. 

Comments

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @mercedesbd - I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply about your complaint.

I can't remember the 'target time' for mine but it took 9-10 weeks before I got a reply to the letter that my MP had sent.
  • mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    Options
    cristobal said:
    @mercedesbd - I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply about your complaint.

I can't remember the 'target time' for mine but it took 9-10 weeks before I got a reply to the letter that my MP had sent.
    Thank you. I’ll be prepared to wait for MP tho, did you complain?
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @mercedesbd - I did, though based on my experience I wouldn't really recommend it, although it may be different with Atos. 

I've posted elsewhere about this but, in summary, I found that I was knocking my head against the wall and fobbed off until they had had a 'final look' and that was it. They relied heavily on "the assessor can't remember"!!

The positive was that, although they wouldn't really acknowledge anything wrong, they eventually listened to my recording and corrected some obvious errors. Also a pat on the back for DWP who made their own MR without me asking...

I hope your experience is different but I'd advise you to put your efforts into preparing for the tribunal.

Hope things go well..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.