Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
denisemargaret
denisemargaret Community member Posts: 18 Connected
hi guys just thought I’d let you know got my face to face assessment next Monday having home visit though I had not requested one but saves me a journey 

Comments

• RainbowJo
    RainbowJo Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    probably works in ur favour too. straight off they r acknowledging u have difficulties. good luck. 
    ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

A home assessment doesn't mean your chances of being awarded PIP are increased. It just means they've decided that a home assessment is best for you.

During the assessment you'll be asked questions based on the PIP descriptors and how your conditions affect you. You should have kept a copy of the form you returned, if you did then have a read of that to refresh your memory.

I would advise you to have someone with you for support during the assessment if you can. They will be watching you from the minute they arrive to the minute they leave so be aware of that.

Once you've had the assessment wait about a week then ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • denisemargaret
    Options
    Good advice thank you 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Denise, have you got a decision yet? Just sent my form off and waiting now. I asked for a home visit if a f2f is required. x
  • denisemargaret
    Options
    Had letter last week to say they now had enough information to make a a decision I’m expecting to hear something soon my friend was successful with his claim x
  • Cazann
    Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Options
    Had letter last week to say they now had enough information to make a a decision I’m expecting to hear something soon my friend was successful with his claim x
    Good luck Denise. I hope you get what you want. I am having my tribunal next Wed. I have been waiting for well over a year, so I'm hoping it goes well. I'll let you all know how I get on...fingers crossed. xx

• denisemargaret
    Options
    Good luck they like to keep you waiting one of my friends still waiting on tribunal date xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, if you haven't already done this. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

The letter you received is just a standard letter and decisions can still take several weeks after this letter.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sarrah
    sarrah Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    I got my pip tribunal a week Monday, so scared thinking about it I scored 0 points on f2f and appeal I got pulmonary heart dilation, rhuematoid arthritus, oestrio arthritus in knees, sacrolitus in spine being tested for marfan syndrome waiting to see heart diese doctors ect alot more wrong! Any advise to help with tribural I'm 27 xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    sarrah said:
    I got my pip tribunal a week Monday, so scared thinking about it I scored 0 points on f2f and appeal I got pulmonary heart dilation, rhuematoid arthritus, oestrio arthritus in knees, sacrolitus in spine being tested for marfan syndrome waiting to see heart diese doctors ect alot more wrong! Any advise to help with tribural I'm 27 xx
    Question answered here. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/62123/pip-tribural-help-please#latest

Brightness