Will I lose my PIP if I go on ESA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I lose my PIP if I go on ESA?

Options
nini1963
nini1963 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
Hi can anyone help me I have been sent a form about my esa to fill in I am on pip and was asking do they take in to account that I am on pip and the other question is do they send everyone to a assessment when they send esa form's out thanks Nigel

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    No pip has nothing to do with it yes everyone got esa assessment mines in tribunal just got to wait fill it in ,if fail do mandatory reconsideration if fail go tribunal if fail you stop getting esa 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @nini1963, being on PIP will not affect the outcome of ESA as they are two separate benefits with PIP not being means tested it is possible to claim both. The majority of people go for an assessment. I hope this helps!
    Scope

• nini1963
    Options
    Thanks for answering my questions can I ask is it easier to stay on esa then pip 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

I wouldn't take anything for granted for either of them. Always treat every review as a new claim and make sure you send evidence to support your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    You don’t lose pip going for esa assessment your esa stops till they decide your pip continues unless they tell you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Dotty123 said:
    You don’t lose pip going for esa assessment your esa stops till they decide your pip continues unless they tell you 
    That's not correct. Your ESA continues until a decision is made and it will only stop if you're found fit for work. People claim ESA successfully without any problems at all but we rarely hear about those good stories. People will always post the bad stories.

PIP has nothing to do with ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • nini1963
    Options
    Can anyone tell me I'm going for a assessment in the next few weeks if they take me off esa will my pip be taken away from me thanks Nigel
  • poppy123456
    Options
    nini1963 said:
    Can anyone tell me I'm going for a assessment in the next few weeks if they take me off esa will my pip be taken away from me thanks Nigel
    PIP and ESA are completely different benefits so no you won't lose your PIP if you're found fit for work.
  • nini1963
    Options
    Thanks poppy for answering my question
  • nini1963
    Options
    Hi can anyone help me if I have all the evidence about my arthritis in my spine Will they say I'm fit for work thanks nigel
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's not about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to do any type of work and this is what you'll be assessed for.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.