The dreaded white envelope — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The dreaded white envelope

Options
MerthyrMaurader
MerthyrMaurader Community member Posts: 19 Connected
Hi all
Just received the dreaded white assessment letter
Can any one tell me what happens if I fail the assessment. I will definitely do a mandatory reconsideration but will I still get paid during this time. I will definitely go to court if I have to as well. When will my payments stop. 
Help please
Merthyr Marauder 

Comments

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Options
    your money stops the day the brown letter arrives and says you've failed, and no you get no money while in MR either and only starts again once you get a tribunal date i think, as only at the MR stage myself atm, but that's taken 64 days so far with £0 income, so good luck and hope it all goes well and doesn't come to this
  • MerthyrMaurader
    Options
    Aren't they wonderful "people".
    Thanks for the info mate
    Hope you get sorted soon
    MM
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

If you're found fit for work then your money will stop the day the decision is made, not when you receive the letter.

If you don't claim Universal Credit while waiting for the MR and the MR decision remains the same (most do) then you can go back onto assessment rate £73.10 per week once the Tribunal accept your appeal and not when you have an appeal date. To go back onto assessment rate you'll need fit/sick notes from your GP backdated to the date the decision was made and you'll need to continue to send them throughout the appeal process.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MerthyrMaurader
    Options
    I'm looking at the worse case scenario because I've had to fight for ever penny for last two years and I expect no different this time. I'm preparing myself for it. It all seems very complicated and confusing but that's why they do it. 
    I think another trip to the Cab is on the way. 
    Thanks poppy
    Your a great help. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.