Upcoming appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Upcoming appeal

Options
diane1981
diane1981 Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
I have my appeal nxt week.  I have someone from money matters coming with for support. On my assessment I was awarded points for 2 categories then on my Mr they removed them and awarded me points on 2 different categories. The lady from mm team couldnt understand why they removed my points and awarded me them else where if they had awarded me them in all 4 categories I would have had more than enough points get pip.  She is challenging this at the appeal. Has anyone else had this and how did it go

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The only way to win your appeal is to show that you meet the criteria. The tribunal will not be interested in the DWP shinnanigans
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You really can't compare anyone else to yourself because everyone is different.

During the hearing you will have to speak for yourself the panel will want to hear it in your words how your conditions affect you.

If you don't have a decision on the day and sometimes this does happen, they will write to you with a decision within a couple of days.

If you're awarded then it can take 8 weeks to receive backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.