Sending Fit Note by post — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sending Fit Note by post

GettinOlde
GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
edited June 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Has anyone had experience if sending Fit Notes by post?

The last time attended an interview at the JC, I asked if I could send my Fit Notes by post as it would save me £4.20 in bus fares. I was given a couple of 2nd class pre-paid envelopes with a note written on the back indicating the intended work coach recipient.

The expiry date of my previous FN was June 12, on which day I had an appointment with my GP for a new FN. I got home, took a picture of the FN for my own records, put the original in one of the said envelopes and posted it in the RM post box of my local supermarket, but I missed the last post.

I have kept in touch with my journal, asking if they've received the FN yet, but a week later an 'Attend your work search review' has been triggered.

Could the lateness be because the envelope has to go via 'Post Handling Site B, Wolverhampton' before arriving at my JC?

Ironically, the work search review clashes with an appointment with CAB re failed MR for ESA WCA.

Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

• GettinOlde
    edited June 2019
    This is the 3rd Fit Note, the previous two were delivered by hand, and unless it is different elsewhere I don't have to attend work search reviews whilst signed off.

A reply to my journal from my work coach:

"If you send your Fit Note by post you do not need to attend on 13/06/2019.
    However, when Fit Notes are in place, we still need to engage every few months."

My next 'engagement' is not due until August.

I believe, this need to engage in person is just a ploy by DWP to prove you are capable of working, otherwise why isn't engaging via the journal enough.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    It's because a fit note for UC doesn't automatically qualify you for limited capability for work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • GettinOlde
    edited June 2019
    It's because a fit note for UC doesn't automatically qualify you for limited capability for work.
    I don't understand, what is because?  I think you posted your reply before I had finished posting my reply to Hart86..
  • GettinOlde
    edited June 2019
    Hart86 said:
     you just happen to have a good one! ❤️
    My work coach is incompetent, deleting the wrong entries from my to-do list, informing me in my journal of contradictory appointment dates to the dates stated in my to-do list.

Yes, we all make mistakes - but to put anyone at risk of sanctions is inexcusable. I hope they don't have the ability to hide their errors if push comes to shove.
  • GettinOlde
    edited June 2019
    @Hart86 Well, I'm off to take the arduous journey to my surgery. It's less than 500 metres away but I will have to squeeze past cars parked on the only pavement of one of the steepest, narrowest roads in my town, can't afford the minimum fare of a taxi, and it takes a one hour two bus journey otherwise. Coming back is easy, I can just roll down the hill. All just to collect a duplicate fit-note that has been apparently lost in the post (if you believe that).
  • GettinOlde
    Interesting regarding 'Post Handling Site B, Wolverhampton'.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.