Change of circumstances questions - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change of circumstances questions

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    For JSA you can only claim this with a sick note for a maximum 13 weeks per year. So if the time you claimed before exceeded 13 weeks then you won't be able to claim it again.

You'll need to wait for the SDP to start and then claim Income Related ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Okay thankyou I will give the sick note in as I only got one for 1 week previously so should be okay but what does that mean? They won't force me to search as much for jobs as they are too much alot of the time even though I print off everything I had applied for 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.

What happens next (if you want to keep claiming JSA) If you are sick and want to stay on JSA you will need to talk to your work coach. Your work coach will discuss your sickness or health condition and agree with you what you are able to do to look for work over the period you are sick. The actions you agree will be recorded and your work coach will keep in touch with you while you are sick. If you do not do the things you have agreed to do to look for work you may lose your benefit.

The above was taken from this link.

As soon as the SDP is in payment you need to claim the ESA.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kami24
    How much is esa do you lose the sdp?? 
  • kami24
    Thankyou I have to move onto it as the staff in the jobcentre are horrible even though i printed about 10 pages off of jobsearches 
  • kami24
    Hi new question is how long does an esa claim take to process and payment etc as I have closed my jsa account now and claimed esa on the phone on Friday 
  • poppy123456
    A few weeks.
  • kami24
    Thanks for all of your good and fast advice poppy 123456
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to talk to your employment coach. They will discuss your current state of health and offer advice on what to do next. Make sure your questions are answered. Keep us updated and don’t forget to contact them frequently to update them. 
  • poppy123456
    You need to talk to your employment coach. They will discuss your current state of health and offer advice on what to do next. Make sure your questions are answered. Keep us updated and don’t forget to contact them frequently to update them. 
    There's no employment coach when claiming ESA.
  • poppy123456
    kami24 said:
    Thanks for all of your good and fast advice poppy 123456
    You're very welcome.
  • kami24
    Employment coach if you arent in the support group?? 
  • poppy123456
    You're claiming ESA and there's no employment coach, as previously advised.
  • kami24
    Okay then! It says on DWP website about work coaches and all this stuff though!!! 
  • poppy123456
    You won't have a work coach because you'll be on assessment rate. Once a decision is made if you're placed into the support group there's no work coach. You'll only have a work coach if you're placed into the WRAG but that may never happen.
  • poppy123456
    You should look at the Support Group descriptors to see if any apply to you or reg 35 which is substantial risk. If you're place into the WRAG your money will remain the same as it is on assessment rate because of the rule changes in April 2017.

When the ESA50 form arrives i would advise you to get some help to fill it out.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.