Assessment waiting period — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment waiting period

sailorvelvet
sailorvelvet Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I've just sent in my application form last week and I'm already on ESA so this is just to check if I'm still eligible to claim it, I'm just anxious about how long it will be until they get back to me and then how long after that the actual assessment will be, can anyone share their experience about how long it took from them sending the form until they got a letter about their appointment date?

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @sailorvelvet

Morning, it can take many months to get an assessment for ESA if one is required?
    most will have an assessment at a centre or possible to get a home assessment but you will need good evidence from a GP stating why a home assessment is needed.

Then the decision can take many weeks too. I had a Paper Based ESA assessment and that took up to five months from start to finish. I sent a lot of factual functional evidence to back every thing up.

Hope this helps...
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• GettinOlde
    GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    edited June 2019
    @sailorvelvet Assuming you mean Work Capability Assesment questionnaire, I received one early January, after being on ESA for a long time, and received my marching orders late March, after being found fit for work and now having to claim UC despite suffering the same condition that has been further exacerbated being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis 3 years ago.
    A Mandatory Reconsideration failed and I have an appointment Monday with the CAB to further discuss going to tribunal.
    Be prepared for frustration and make sure you have the CAB on speed-dial - good luck, the CAB is having a tough time now.
    Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    My most recent ESA review took 3 months in total, from the time i returned the form. 10 weeks from returning the form to having the face to face assessment. just under 2 weeks later i had the decision.

The time before that it was 4 months from returning the form and i had a paper based assessment that time.

It really does depend on backlog in your area and all areas are different.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • GettinOlde
    GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    Error Correction:
    • Assessment questionnaire completed 05/01/19
    • Face to face assessment 28/02/19
    • Received decision 30/03/19
    Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Good morning @sailorvelvet and a warm welcome to the community. 

Waiting times can vary unfortunately but around 3 months is a good guide. Best of luck. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.