Appealing pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appealing pip

Options
babyjack1
babyjack1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi everyone im new to the site so im hoping ive posted in the correct forum .my husband was on dla for 15 years not easy 15 years had to appeal twice won both cases .had a car had that taken away by only getting low mobility.changed from dla to pip had low mobility removed .got low care for 3 years .had f2f  scored no points at all so i requested mr no change .now going through appeal stages been 28 weeks wait still no date .i have since done a letter to the appeal explaining my husbands issues and how it affects me being with him for 43 years .i did no know that appeal board send all letters to dwp as well .i have since had a long appointment with is mental health dr who as wrote a letter explaining the issues the illness medication and that he as fears that someone is going to poison is food ect .he keep checking doors windows and he feels that someone out there is setting him up . he as psychotic medication that makes him very tired and irritable  also as he never passes security when asked by the dwp for me to speak on his behalf .ive now been ,made is appointee ....how long did your appeal take from start to finish .....thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Backlogs for Tribunals are huge across most of the country. Some people are wait a year from the time the Tribunal accept the appeal. You can ring HMCTS to ask how long the wait is in your are but do be aware that this will just be a guide.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @babyjack1.
    As Poppy stated, the backlogs are substantial and you could be waiting a long time.
    Please let us know how it goes and when you receive your date and the best of luck at the tribunal when it comes around.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.