Advice about CAB appointment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice about CAB appointment

Options
Tricia1912
Tricia1912 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi as lve mentioned before lm in process of moving from DLA To PIP. I have an appointment on Thursday with cab/ageuk. To help fill in pip forms. Can you tell me is it how your overall health effects you i or for the first problem l claimed DLA for. As over the years l have developed more disability problems. Does this get taken into account. 

Comments

• smokeyjoey
    smokeyjoey Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Options
    It's how your disability affects you not the actual diagnosis 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,063 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You need to state all of your conditions and how they affect you now. Remember this is a new claim for PIP not how your conditions affected you when you first claimed DLA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The criteria for claiming PIP is different than DLA. You have to meet the criteria for each descriptor in the PIP application form, any information you submit in your form will have to be justified at your assessment. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope your appointment goes well on Thursday!
    Scope

• KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    Options
    Had my assessment this week and my DLA benefits weren't mentioned at all.

• Tricia1912
    Tricia1912 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Options
    Tricia 1912
    Hi have finally sent off my pip application form. A lovely lady from Age Uk/CAB. She was nice enough to give me some tips for my assessment. I’m not holding my breath l will get it but not giving up. As l had to fight for the DLA. Good luck to everyone facing their assessments soon. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.