Esa home visit refused twice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa home visit refused twice

Options
IPman
IPman Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hi there all i need abit of advice I have sent I. Two letters requesting a home visit from esa and they have turned me down twice even though my letters stated I do not leave to house and requesting a home visit I recently only just got accepted for pip and that was a home visit I have mad a complaint under the equality act 2010 for harassment and discrimination and failure to make reasonable adjustments I was told a few weeks ago they do not use any evidence from my pip assessment to help with my esa claim today I phoned them and the woman on the phone stated the used evidence from my pip claim which says I can travel in a taxi short distances supervised a lot has happend in the past 7 months my sister and uncle died in the same week a few months ago she was only 28 which made me really depressed to the point I can’t lift my head off the pillow of a morning I still feel so lost and useless I have started having really bad panic attacks I feel so anxious I have so much stuff floating round in my mind right now I can’t think straight I’m 24 years old and suffered with adhd autism spectrum disorder and anxiety since I was 14 I feel like my health has completely deteriorated I lie in my bed all day I want to move and do something but I can’t I miss my sister and it is killing me now sorry if I spelt anything wrong and I hope your all ok thanks for listening.

Comments

• IPman
    Options
    I don’t know why it posted 4 of these I’m sorry 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

I'm sorry to hear that! It's most likely what they seen written in another piece of evidence regarding the taxi short distances that's gone against you.

The letters you sent in were they from your GP or from yourself? If they were from yourself then you'll need to speak to your GP to ask them for a letter stating the reasons why a home visit is needed.

Do you attend any other appointments, like your GP ones? If you do then this can go against you when requesting a home assessment. The work capability assessment seems to be more difficult to get a home visit for, i have no idea why.

Did you send evidence to support your claim?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • IPman
    Options
    I sent in evidence from my gp 2 letters he wrote me and they were refused even though they both stated I need a home visit but they used evidence from my pip claim that has nothing to do with my esa as they said to me this morning on the phone I then asked to be forwarded to a manager who then said her colleague was wrong about the pip evidence that they don’t use that am I being lied to and thank you for the reply poppy123456.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did you send the same evidence for your ESA claim as you did for the PIP claim? If you didn't then yes, it's possible that they can use the evidence.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.