woman on bus — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

woman on bus

Zenkoblue
Zenkoblue Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
Not sure where to put this but I had horrible experience this woman who had dark shades on a walking stick and I think blind one was so mean on bus complaining I took up to much room and I was not disabled didn’t have her problem. 

I felt like like yelling I am disabled which I nearly did but I am not telling her all my disabled . I final said should I move she said to late she got off bus.

i shouldn’t seated in the front seat or should I just moved I feel like I was in wrong damn I feel so upset over it.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Sorry to read this @Zenkoblue. Do you use public transport a lot?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Zenkoblue
    Yeah when I’m ok too thank you 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Zenkoblue Sorry to hear this.  Understand what you are going through.

The main thing is trying to find a way to get about. If having problems with people on buses.

One of the aspects of life I have to do is go to appointments.  Use taxis.

Have you looked at taxis?. Not expensive as you think.

This might help you to get about.

One of the problems you encountered . Is you not alone with this situation.  

I am looking at the moment. An organisation called RVSP . They do a volunteer driver schemes. Waiting to hear.  Sent Email.  Where a volunteer driver can pick me up from home.

Have a look on the web.

Wish you the best.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Zenkoblue
    What a great idea I got taxi ? over day with mam when it close journey and for hospital but shame I may need use taxi more often people can be so rube on the bus ? 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Zenkoblue   Just wanted to add . Many taxis firms aware of our community. Also many are flexible want our business realise we need help to get about.

My taxi firm I use set up a mobile number can text booking in to company. Instead of ringing.

Have a look at Yell on the web . Look for reviews do they take disabled community members. If your in a wheel chair for example most do but not help you with lifting just help with the wheel chair.

Also consider the other benefits. Have no blue badge can park outside most places. Wait for you just ask I do.

Post office and bank examples wanting cash.

Hope that helps.

I never use buses for the reasons you have found. I am truly sorry what has happened.

Found myself fighting over seats and parking constantly with community members who should know better..  Frightening and scary.

Hope that gives you reassurance.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Zenkoblue
    I just been on bus now really good but weather is horrible I find larger buses seem have all problem not my local buses. I feel much better now but taxi ? are a must heh

Brightness