PIP FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENTS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENTS

Connie00
Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering

I have had three face to face Assessments now two at an establishment in Salisbury and one in my own home, all of these have been with different Assessors.  In my opinion and only my opinion,

You are assessed as soon as you go through the door.

This is my story on my last Assessment. Salisbury is a city centre, its very difficult to find parking, even Disabled, we manage to find a disabled parking space close to the centre where they hold these PIP Assessments. So, after offloading the wheelchair, my Son and are entered the premises’, it was laughable, it was tiny the reception was from door to desk about nine foot and easily four foot wide, it felt claustrophobic I felt uncomfortable straight away.

The girl behind the desk asked for my name, and said someone will be with you in a minute. She then went on typing, I really needed to go to the washroom so I asked my son to check it out to see if I could get the wheelchair in, he assessed it and told me I could but it would be a tight Squeeze,

I decide that I would walk in with the aid of my stick.  It was hot and stuffy in such a confined space that I couldn’t be bothered with all the rigmarole. I needed help to get out of the chair, just as I needed help to open the toilet door, man that was heavy.

After a while the receptionist came to me and asked to see my identification, she was not very friendly and not apologetic for the fact they were running fifteen minutes late.

As I was a Senior Manager in my last employment, I thought to myself I would grade her about 5/10 Then I would be looking to replace her, she was as welcoming as a bad apple in a lunch box.

One person came out off one of the interview rooms and left. Thank god I thought I would be next.Nope the receptionist went in the room, after six or seven minutes she came out again and sat back at her desk.

Whilst she was in the room another interview room opened and someone else left the premises. I thought this will be me now. Only four rooms to the suite two interview rooms one toilet and a kitchen, I only know about the Kitchen because the girl at the desk went in with an empty cup and came back with it refilled.

The Receptionist then went into the second room and closed the door, I said to my son I expect they are talking about their last cases what was done right and how they were trying to con them, or perhaps even me and our conversations  see this is my cynical mind,  well I seem to have all the time in the world to waste there waiting for them so my mind seemed to run away with me. She came out at last, now I would be called in.

A young Lad came out of the first door I smiled at him thinking he was going to call me in, nope he went into the Kitchen and got him self a drink, went into his office leaving the door ajar and started playing on his phone. Now thirty minutes late I thought, well we won’t go into that now but I bet most of can imagine.,

It was at this point I asked the receptionist if she wouldn’t mind If I left my chair in Reception, she said she had no objection but if I could leave it by the front door that would be fine.  At last the other Assessor came out again I smiled ready to get up, he didn’t even look my way he went straight to reception desk swapped over with the girl sat down and started Typing, again I looked at the door that was ajar. He was talking to somebody on the phone this was a personal call you can tell can’t you by their relaxed manner.

I assumed the girl had gone into that office to have her lunch. Still waiting forty minutes over time.

Then I got called by the receptionist, she was my Assessor I didn’t have time to think I couldn’t believe it. although she was Typing she was all the time watching and listening to everything we done and said. So, this is why I believe your Assessment starts as soon as you walk in the door. They all get trained at the same school, and it definitely not charm school, so for you first timers, beware big Brother is watching.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Thank you for sharing your story @Connie00.
    Have you received a decision from your last assessment yet?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Connie00
    Hello @adrian_scope

Yes I did I was Awarded High Mobility and Medium Care  so nothing changed 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Are you happy with the outcome?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Connie00
    yes very much so,
  • Adrian_Scope
    That’s good, thank you again for sharing your experience with us. It’s really useful to give members an idea of what they might expect. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    I hate f2f with the PIP assessments because they just don't listen and put things down that you don't say. I swear there in a different interview than you are. They just don't believe you. I get so anxious when I have to go to one because I know they are going to go against me.  My body has go worse since last year.. but they won't see that.
    Good luck to anyone that has a f2f. 
  • Aaron34uk
    Aaron34uk Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    pip is a joke I had mine and I got 11 points and 10 I feel like MR but im not going to risk it
  • Aaron34uk
    Aaron34uk Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    they lied on my face to face said I could walk when I cant
  • Connie00
    Well @Aaron34uk

I think I would have challenged that one

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Connie00 said:

I have had three face to face Assessments now two at an establishment in Salisbury and one in my own home, all of these have been with different Assessors.  In my opinion and only my opinion,

You are assessed as soon as you go through the door.

This is my story on my last Assessment. Salisbury is a city centre, its very difficult to find parking, even Disabled, we manage to find a disabled parking space close to the centre where they hold these PIP Assessments. So, after offloading the wheelchair, my Son and are entered the premises’, it was laughable, it was tiny the reception was from door to desk about nine foot and easily four foot wide, it felt claustrophobic I felt uncomfortable straight away.

The girl behind the desk asked for my name, and said someone will be with you in a minute. She then went on typing, I really needed to go to the washroom so I asked my son to check it out to see if I could get the wheelchair in, he assessed it and told me I could but it would be a tight Squeeze,

I decide that I would walk in with the aid of my stick.  It was hot and stuffy in such a confined space that I couldn’t be bothered with all the rigmarole. I needed help to get out of the chair, just as I needed help to open the toilet door, man that was heavy.

After a while the receptionist came to me and asked to see my identification, she was not very friendly and not apologetic for the fact they were running fifteen minutes late.

As I was a Senior Manager in my last employment, I thought to myself I would grade her about 5/10 Then I would be looking to replace her, she was as welcoming as a bad apple in a lunch box.

One person came out off one of the interview rooms and left. Thank god I thought I would be next.Nope the receptionist went in the room, after six or seven minutes she came out again and sat back at her desk.

Whilst she was in the room another interview room opened and someone else left the premises. I thought this will be me now. Only four rooms to the suite two interview rooms one toilet and a kitchen, I only know about the Kitchen because the girl at the desk went in with an empty cup and came back with it refilled.

The Receptionist then went into the second room and closed the door, I said to my son I expect they are talking about their last cases what was done right and how they were trying to con them, or perhaps even me and our conversations  see this is my cynical mind,  well I seem to have all the time in the world to waste there waiting for them so my mind seemed to run away with me. She came out at last, now I would be called in.

A young Lad came out of the first door I smiled at him thinking he was going to call me in, nope he went into the Kitchen and got him self a drink, went into his office leaving the door ajar and started playing on his phone. Now thirty minutes late I thought, well we won’t go into that now but I bet most of can imagine.,

It was at this point I asked the receptionist if she wouldn’t mind If I left my chair in Reception, she said she had no objection but if I could leave it by the front door that would be fine.  At last the other Assessor came out again I smiled ready to get up, he didn’t even look my way he went straight to reception desk swapped over with the girl sat down and started Typing, again I looked at the door that was ajar. He was talking to somebody on the phone this was a personal call you can tell can’t you by their relaxed manner.

I assumed the girl had gone into that office to have her lunch. Still waiting forty minutes over time.

Then I got called by the receptionist, she was my Assessor I didn’t have time to think I couldn’t believe it. although she was Typing she was all the time watching and listening to everything we done and said. So, this is why I believe your Assessment starts as soon as you walk in the door. They all get trained at the same school, and it definitely not charm school, so for you first timers, beware big Brother is watching.

Thankyou Connie. Can I ask what the outcome was...if you`ve heard that is x
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @pollyanna1052 yes she did get her award.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness