How long for UC50 form? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for UC50 form?

Nader
Nader Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
edited June 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all

I started receiving Universal Credit on April 1st, but I haven't received the UC50 form yet. I have fit / sick note until July 1st, at which point I will get another one reissued by my GP.

Does it normally take this long for the UC50 form to come? Should I contact UC to ask about this?

Thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,922 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Your work coach needs to refer you for a work capability assessment. Once this has been made you'll be sent the work capability assessment forms. They need to be filled in and returned with all your evidence no later than the date stated in the letter.

Once they receive those forms you'll most likely have to attend a work capability assessment. Once the report has been returned to DWP a decision will be made.

In total this can sometimes take several months but do check you've been referred, if you haven't then you need to ask your work coach to do this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nader
    Hi Poppy

Will do. Thanks very much for your advice.
  • Nader
    I did check and I hadn't been referred! It's done now though. Thanks again Poppy.

However, the person I spoke to told me that it wouldn't be the work coach who would do the referral but my case manager. I didn't even know that I had a case manager! 
    Is this someone at UC? Should I have been in communication with them by now?
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    If there is no problem with the claim try not to worry. Who did you talk to? See if you can phone the case manager for advice. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hello @Nader, glad to hear you've got it sorted and that you've now been referred. Hopefully your UC50 will arrive soon.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Nader
    Thank you everyone for your input. I'm grateful. :)
  • Jacquit
    Jacquit Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    I'm off sick, getting ssp for cancer and chemo, I was advised to apply for uc by macmillan. I get £4 a month!
    I then discovered online about UC50 form which I requested as nobody had told me about it despite me mentioning numerous times that I am employed but off sick due to my diagnosis
    I returned the form on 30th September and just wanted to know how long this will take
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jacquit and welcome to the community! I have answered your question here: https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/65316/work-capability#latest

I hope this helps. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.