Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment

KG100
KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
Finally had my PIP assessment, I thought it went well and the nurse who spoke to me seemed to do her job well.
It was a lot easier then I thought it would be, my partner took notes all the way through it and also spoke to the assessor about how my illnesses affect me day to day.
I supplied letters from all my consultants and also my medication list, she never queried any of these and never said anything about needing to get speak to anyone else. 
I suppose it's just a case of waiting now for the brown envelope !!

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    No it not just waiting, contact the DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can see what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the award notification letter.  If after reading your report and the award is looking not what you expected then you have time to gather information and extra evidence to support the descriptors you are will be contesting should you go for an MR. Give  several examples of what happens or happened the last time you tried to do preform the contested descriptors .
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad your assessment went well! I hope you aren't having to wait too long for the decision! :)
    Scope

• KG100
    I hate phoning DWP up, but I'll do it next week. I wish they were quicker at answering the phone !!
  • KG100
    For the hour I was there about the first 15 minutes was spent with the assessor reading through my forms.
    I thought that was done before we arrived. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you're not on the phone too long, I can't stand the hold music!
    Scope

• KG100
    ilovecats said:
    KG100 said:
    For the hour I was there about the first 15 minutes was spent with the assessor reading through my forms.
    I thought that was done before we arrived. 
    They are not allowed to open your case file until you are in the building
    I didn't know that.
  • KG100
    edited June 2019
    I was taken by surprise when I got my appointment letter for the PIP interview, I always dread receiving the brown envelopes but this one came in a white envelope.
    I think they're determined to give me a heart attack !!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Letters for face to face assessments always come in white envelopes because they come straight from the health assessment providers, not from DWP. Same as the work capability assessment forms.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.