lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

lcwra

ki55ingfrogs
ki55ingfrogs Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I've been on UC since mid 2018 and only yesterday did I attend a work based assessment. I'm now in the lcwra group. I currently get £312/month basic payment. Will lcwra change the amount I receive?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Can you just confirm please that it was just yesterday that you had your face to face assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ki55ingfrogs
    Yes. I've never been asked to attend until recently. I went sick on 1st March 2018 and claimed SSP while employed. I moved onto UC when I was forced to leave my job through my condition. I send in regular sicknotes.
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2019
    You will need to wait for a decision to be made from the assessment. As it was only yesterday then you won't have a decision yet. The HCP will write a report, send it to DWP with recommendations in it. A DWP decision maker will then look at the report and make a decision from that. I'm not sure how you know what the decision is yet. Decision waiting times can be anything from 2-8 weeks sometimes longer.

Wait a week then ring UC to ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

If you're given LCWRA then you'll receive an extra £336 per month. This is paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you sent in your first fit/sick note.

If the decision is LCW then you won't receive any extra money.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too long for a decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ki55ingfrogs
    Thank you. The Assessor said she thought I would fit into this group but Yes, I'll not take that as right and wait for the formal decision to be made.
    I didn't realise it is an additional payment. I thought it is instead of.
    I didn't think it would be backdated either.
  • poppy123456
    She should not have said anything to you because they are not supposed to do that. If successfully given LCWRA then count 4 months from when you sent in your first fit note and that's when they pay you the extra money from.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hello @ki55ingfrogs and welcome to the community! :)

Hopefully the decision will be the same as what your assessor indicated. I hope you've found @poppy123456's advice useful. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ki55ingfrogs
    Thank you. @poppy123456 was very helpful. I find UC confusing and the DWP unhelpful.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.