PIP from DLA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP from DLA

Liz2512
Liz2512 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My son's claim for pip from dla has been going on since April 2019 still not heard from them yet ?

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Liz2512 and welcome to the community.
    Unfortunately these claims can take a while to process, with a typical wait of about 12 weeks. But it can take longer.
    You can always give them a call though. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Liz2512
     Hi Adrian, I've rang them several times but they don't seem to have any answers. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Sorry to hear that @Liz2512. Can I ask how old your son is? Is this a transition from child DLA to PIP after turning 16, or is it an adult historic DLA transition to PIP?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

That really not that long to be honest. Sometimes people can wait several months. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. Most people have face to face assessments and waiting times for these can be months in some areas.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Liz2512
    Hi Adrian, my son has just turned 16 in March and he is registered blind and needs a guide dog plus he has other disabilities he was on dla. 
    Hi poppy. 
  • Liz2512
    Sorry poppy, my son did have an assessment with a lady that came to our house. 
  • Liz2512
    Adrian, The last time I rang them they said they have all the information they need to make a decision 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Even though they have all the information, it's doesn't really mean anything and there's still no timescales.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • drewdundee
    drewdundee Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Mine went from February to May so yeah probably will take longer. 
  • greatsay
    greatsay Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    My DLA to PIP claim took 5 weeks from sending form in and. hearing I don't need to attuned face=to-face.
  • Liz2512
    I'm going to give them a call today to try and find out if it's been dealt with. The guy I spoke to before said give them 2 weeks and call back if we've not heard anything. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.