esa medical cancelled , have enough information — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa medical cancelled , have enough information

Options
mgmania
mgmania Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi
i have been claiming contribution based esa since September 2018, i assume just the assessment rate at £73.??
Anyway i finally got the esa50 form around 1 month ago and filled it in , a few days after i had posted it i had an appointment letter from the Health Assessment Service. Due to my condition i am unable to travel so i got a letter from the doctor stating i couldnt go and why i couldnt and he requested a home visit.
They then phoned my doc last Friday ( i only know because i got a text from my gp surgery saying dont forget your appointment- eh what appointment? i phoned them and they confirmed it was a telephone appointment booked between my gp and dwp)
I then get a letter from the Health Assessment service this week and says they have cancelled my appointment and to contact a number if want more info.
I did this and the dwp person i spoke to said that the Health service had enough information to make a decision about my claim without a face to face.
I am thinking this may be good news but wondered if anyone has had a similar experience?
Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You can't be found fit for work without a face to face assessment, unless it's failing to attend or failing to return the form.

You say you assume you're on assessment rate, to know for sure check what amount you receive each fortnight and this will tell you if you're in a group or not.

If you're on assessment rate then this will be your first assessment and this means you should be placed into the Support Group.

If you're already in a group then you could be placed into any group, WRAG or Support Group.

You will of course have to wait for the decision and the report that's written and returned to DWP is just a recommendation. A decision maker will look at that report and then make a decision but usually they go with the recommendations that's in it.

Ringing DWP to request a copy of that report will give you a good idea what the decision will be as it's rare to go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @mgmania and welcome to the community. 

I hope Poppy has managed to answer all of your questions about your ESA application, but if do you have any other queries about this (or anything else!), please don't hesitate to ask. :) 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.