Help please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help please

Options
KraftyKaz62
KraftyKaz62 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
yesterday I had a F2F assessment in my home. I am in the process of transferring from indefinite DLA to PIP.
i want to make a formal complaint about the Assessors and the way he conducted the assessment.
His behaviour towards me has left me in a state of shock, acute anxiety and a vulnerable mental state.
the assessment was more like an interrogation than a medical assessment. His tactics were manipulative and threatening. He was relentless in his questioning and would not except my answers, he twisted everything I said and I feel like I was coerced into my answers. I was extremely distressed and 24 hours later I am still shaking, and very upset, I have been unable to eat or sleep.
i feel strongly that he was not professional and did not adhere to the guidelines for a PIP medical assessment.
i want to complain to Prevent him from continuing to work in this unprofessional manner and effecting vulnerable disabled claimants. 
I would appreciate any help or information that will help me.
thank you

Comments

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @kratfykaz62 - my assessment wasn't done well - all sorts of problems - guidelines not followed, examination carried out without consent, lots of 'errors' (if you are been generous!) and one or two rather 'strange' bits which I have no idea where they came from.

When you've calmed down - and it took me a while _ I wouldn't recommend a complaint. I did and it was a waste of time and just caused me a lot of stress..The assessment company said that the assessor 'couldn't remember' and did nothing, even when I supplied a recording of what happened. I said that I didn't want anyone sacked but I thought the assessor needed further training.Nothing happened.

Spend your time positively - if your claim isn't successful then ask for a Mandatory review and focus on that.

I didn't ...but I wish that I had done now.....
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that! These face to face assessments can very often feel like an interrogation because of the constant questions they ask, the way they ask them and even asking the same questions in a different way. It's all part of the assessment.

You can of course put in a complaint to the health assessment providers, to do this you should look at their website and it will give you details how to do this.

I highly doubt that anything will be done about it sadly and the same about the HCP who will continue to do those PIP assessments.

In the meantime you can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you after about a week from the assessment date. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. You'll still need to wait for a decision and if your not happy then you have 1 month from that date to request the MR.

Hopefully it won't come to that and you'll be successfully awarded, like a lot of other people. Good luck and in the meantime if you have any further questions i'm sure someone will help you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @KraftyKaz62 and welcome to the community. :)
    I'm sorry to read what a bad experience you had at your PIP assessment, hopefully your award will still be fair. 

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    Options

Hello  @KraftyKaz62 :) 

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I was horrified to hear what you have been subjected to, this shouldn’t be allowed

To happen. I think you need to calm down, wait for the written assessment to be sent

To the DWP and wait for the award letter, if you are not happy with it then you can go to town

On the appeal and the assessor.

Nobody should have to put up with the grief and downright disgusting treatment

That you have faced but you need to ask yourself, can I go through all this.

If you want to make a complaint then perhaps you should start with

https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk/feedback/

I must warn you there are over 600 complaints made every year

I hope this helps you

Have a good day

@connie00   :) 

• sheZZa
    sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    Options
    @KraftyKaz62
    i think they are trained to carry out assessments like this. Your assessment sounds exactly the same as mine which was conducted by a woman in Southampton. My friend also had the same woman assess her and was treated in exactly the same way. They are told to treat people like this. My assessor, a physiotherapist, admitted that she’d never heard of two of my illnesses so didn’t know anything about the symptoms and how debilitating they are and so did not ask anything about them and how they affect me. I have just been awarded standard for both care and mobility. I was on enhanced for both. Today I have asked for a copy of my report and am thinking of complaining too. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.